Home

Attempting to Revise Coach Prestige ratings

This is a discussion on Attempting to Revise Coach Prestige ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Attempting to Revise Coach Prestige ratings

As myself and others have noted in another thread, there are too many A+ and A rated coaches and coordinators on this game. Im going to make an attempt to revise all the ratings for coaches and coordinators to make their ratings as realistic as possible. For example, Brett Bielema is rated a B+ out of the box in this game. By all accounts and in my opinion Bielema is a very good coach, but his track record does not speak to that of a coach with a B+ rating. He has 1 Big Ten title and 1 BCS bowl apperance in 5 years at Wisconsin. He should be rated as mid to low B. A B+ would be someone like Chip Kelly who has 2 pac 10 championships, a national title apperance, and a rose bowl apperance. Albeit both of those bowl games were losses, but he accomplished all of these things in his first 2 seasons at Oregon. Personally, no head coach on this game should be rated a A+ and really the only coaches who should be an A on this game are Saban, Stoops, and probably Paterno(Based on his past history).

Last edited by Nicejob3532; 07-13-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Attempting to Revise Coach Prestige ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicejob3532
As myself and others have noted in another thread, there are too many A+ and A rated coaches and coordinators on this game. Im going to make an attempt to revise all the ratings for coaches and coordinators to make their ratings as realistic as possible. For example, Brett Bielema is rated a B+ out of the box in this game. By all accounts and in my opinion Bielema is a very good coach, but his track record does not speak to that of a coach with a B+ rating. He has 1 Big Ten title and 1 BCS bowl apperance in 5 years at Wisconsin. He should be rated as mid to low B. A B+ would be someone like Chip Kelly who has 2 pac 10 championships, a national title apperance, and a rose bowl apperance. Albeit both of those bowl games were losses, but he accomplished all of these things in his first 2 seasons at Oregon. Personally, no head coach on this game should be rated a A+ and really the only coaches who should be an A on this game are Saban, Stoops, and probably Paterno(Based on his past history).
Mack Brown also.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Just posted a link to a list someone else made on another thread. there didn't seem to be much science in it, but for the most part thee ratings were pretty good. I toned them down a bit more, and will test them out soon.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...restige-2.html
Thanks for looking into this, it must be fixed.
props to Volstopfan14

Last edited by hkwforAUTigers; 07-13-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Mack Brown also.
Agreed.

I think if anyone should get an A+, it's Saban, and I might give him one. He's that good a coach IMO. Anyone can feel free to disagree there. Bama+Saban=dominance.

I like the in depth thing the guy did in the thread linked. We can make small adjustments where we see fit obviously. He did a good job on rating the small schools I'd say though. I could care less as long as they are all rated LOW lol
Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Agreed.

I think if anyone should get an A+, it's Saban, and I might give him one. He's that good a coach IMO. Anyone can feel free to disagree there. Bama+Saban=dominance.

I like the in depth thing the guy did in the thread linked. We can make small adjustments where we see fit obviously. He did a good job on rating the small schools I'd say though. I could care less as long as they are all rated LOW lol
IMHO, not even Saban should be an A+. This would be like a Bear bryant rating in the middle of his dynasty (just thinking about that makes me sick.....lol) But I digress...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Mack Brown also.
The guy only has 1 MNC and a couple Big 12 titles. He's also at one of the most popular schools in the country and barely has to recruit to sign a class of 5 stars.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
The guy only has 1 MNC and a couple Big 12 titles. He's also at one of the most popular schools in the country and barely has to recruit to sign a class of 5 stars.
The guy also won pretty big at UNC. If not for this school called FSU, he'd probably have got to a national title game or two at UNC.

He also has finished 2nd in the South like 4 times going 7-1 in the process.

You act like he has slouched throughout his career. Excuse him for being stuck playing with dominant FSU and Oklahoma teams most of his career.

Stoops has more Big XII titles but always loses the BCS games, with 5 losses. Talk about choking.

Both are great coaches. To argue otherwise...crazy.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
The guy also won pretty big at UNC. If not for this school called FSU, he'd probably have got to a national title game or two at UNC.

He also has finished 2nd in the South like 4 times going 7-1 in the process.

You act like he has slouched throughout his career. Excuse him for being stuck playing with dominant FSU and Oklahoma teams most of his career.

Stoops has more Big XII titles but always loses the BCS games, with 5 losses. Talk about choking.

Both are great coaches. To argue otherwise...crazy.
I personally love Mack Brown, I think he is a class-act coach that does everything the right way.
But I think they were talking about this in relation to his 5-7 season, and how maybe he should have regressed just a bit due to the bad year.

Question real quick: how much does the head coach affect progression compared to the coordinators? Who has a greater affect on the players progression?
Thanks fellas!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »