Home

Overtime bug ruins most exciting game ever

This is a discussion on Overtime bug ruins most exciting game ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Overtime bug ruins most exciting game ever

...for me.

Skip down to the bold (The Bug That Ruined It) if you don't want to read the diatribe.

I've been playing NCAA since around 99. Every year around this time, like clockwork, I am in a dynasty simulating the college experience while I wait for the season to start.

In all of these years, I have never played a more bug/glitch filled game. NCAA 12, though promising in so many areas, frustrates me to no end because of things that are broken or not reliable. I'm trying for the life of me to keep playing this game since I need my college football fix, but I swear this is the first time ever that I have considered shelving the game in August.

If it's not the game freezing in the 4th quarter of a near perfect game (I had FSU and was playing Florida....froze) then it's ****** receivers letting the ball hit them in the head while being wide open.

I've put the game down and said "I'm not playing anymore" but end up playing again.

So with that said. I decided to sim the 2011 season. I pick a random team but I'm not controlling them really. I'm just going through each week and playing certain matchups. One week I'm playing SEC games and the next i'm playing Mountain West. Flip of the coin decides which team I'm using.

Anyway, I have fun with this until the Big 10 Championship game. Number 2 Wisconsin is one win away from going to a National Championship. Their opponent is a ranked Michigan State team. I flip the coin, and yay I get to play as Wisconsin (who has Russel Wilson as a Heisman contender).

I usually play solid defense but idk what happened in this game. I play 8 minute quarters but it was a shootout after a turnover filled first quarter. I swear, both teams were racing up and down the field like it was a track meet. I had like 250 yards rushing with those Wisconsin backs and 200/75 with Russel Wilson. It was a Heisman performance if I ever saw one and if this was real, would go down as one of the greatest games of all time.

For all of the problems I have with this game (and there are a lot, such as it being cold and snowing inside of a dome, smh), I was able to forget them all and just enjoy an intense, unpredictable, FUN game.

Anyway, Michigan State takes the lead late in the 4th. Their QB was playing like Tom Brady. I think the game is over and they have spoiled Wisconsins dreams, but I get a kick return where I break like 2 tackles and it sets me up for a field goal that takes me into overtime.

The Bug That Ruined It

In the first Overtime I get the ball first. I score on a beautiful post. Michigan State gets the ball and score on a third down play.

Michigan State gets the ball first in the second overtime and they score again. DANG. Now I gotta answer them or the game is over....

but....but...Michigan State gets the ball BACK for a third straight possession?

lol, wut?

When this happened, I pressed pause....scratched my head....pressed pause again....and sat ant watch them throw a touchdown on the first play....simply disgusted.

Dude. How in the world is overtime broken?

EA, I am trying here. But these problems just keep adding up and it's becoming impossible for me to truly enjoy this game for what it's worth. I wanna scream half of the time I am playing it because of things like this.

The funny thing is I "gave up" on 12 after this happened, but when the news of Texas A&M to the SEC happened, I immediately cut on the game, simmed a season and spent 30 minutes doing a custom conference (putting FSU/Tex A&M/Clemson/Mizzou in the SEC, redoing the Big 12, Big East, etc) only to have the game freeze when I clicked "BCS tie ins". LOL. This is like my third time "giving up" on the game, but I'm sure I'll be back next week. Sigh, I can't wait for college football to start.

Anyway, pics below.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Overtime bug ruins most exciting game ever

Oh and fwiw, I was playing on All American with my own random sliders.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Overtime bug ruins most exciting game ever

locked...bug thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »