Home

Auto Sprint/Auto Strafe

This is a discussion on Auto Sprint/Auto Strafe within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #9
Banned

huge87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Auto Sprint/Auto Strafe

ya i hate auto
Old 07-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsideAdmiral
I roll with this too.

Until last night I got my d sanded off by some kid online because every time I would get my RB to the outside he would just start crawling up the field even though he had daylight. It's like the game wasn't registering that I was pulling right trigger for speed.

Yes getting your WR's turned around is extremely difficult this year. Hell even DB's. In past year's I would average about 5-6 user picks per game just on deep passes turning my defender around and getting under the ball circle. This year they do like a 3/4 turn and try to Willie Mays it.

So IDK what I'm doing yet. Hopefully a patch comes out for the first one. That's by far the worst and needs fixed ASAP.

Exactly!! "like the game wasn't registering that I was pulling the trigger." Maybe you can change this in the mapping; try strafe on a bumper rather than the trigger. I also hate pitching from the option with the trigger, not responsive enough.

Last edited by Illcat; 07-14-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

i have seen the animation especially when the cpu is throwing deep ball's to their receivers. the receiver will turn around and try to catch the ball at its highest point. at the same time i feel leaping to catch the ball should lead to a lot more drops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #12
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illcat
Mayb that's what's happening; the CPU is taking bad angles.

In terms of the swat button I meant that instead of timed swats, I see my guys going for INTs, which puts them in a catch animation instead of knocking it down. Good stuff tho Giants. Both autos are going off when I get off work.

That is a good point I am going to do this too

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 07-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
Rookie

ClearTheBong's Arena

With auto strafe turned on the D seems to take akward angles and there are times they are strafing when they shouldn't be and it costs me 10-20 yds.

The auto sprint is a must turn off. I need full control over the speed so I can hit the hole right, and generally try to use it to my full advantage. If auto sprint is on they use turbo at the dumbest times.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Auto strafe I'm nt sure yet.
Auto sprint off really opens up the game an you can feel the speed or lack there of of the player your controlling. I think you can force more fumbles with it off to. Momentum plays a much bigger part with off!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #15
Rookie

dumb question but how do i turn them off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #16
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I always thought auto-sprint was more of an 'anolog' type control. Meaning when you press it all the way in one direction, the player will "sprint" at his top speed. If you don't press it all the way in a direction, he is supposed to run a little slower. Maybe it doesn't work like this though...

Although I AM pretty sure the CPU doesn't just randomly press the sprint button for you. It's still pretty much user controlled when you are pressing the control stick all the way in a single direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »