Home

playing as OC is supremely frustrating

This is a discussion on playing as OC is supremely frustrating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4
playing as OC is supremely frustrating

in 4 games, my ND squad's defense (varsity, default sliders, 8 minute quarters, supersimmed) has given up the most points in the league (125, the next highest is 94 and that's north texas), is dead last in sacks (2), int's (1), rushing, passing AND total defense allowed. the supersimmed outcome doesn't seem to take any ratings into the equation at all. my defense is rated a B+ (i think) and is far from the worst in the league, but i've given up 31 points/game while trying to remain true to the game on offense.

i don't think OC is going to allow me to play the game the way i want to this year. controlling both sides of the ball seems to be the only way to have a fighting chance.

is anyone actually having decent success with your supersimmed defense? if so, what's your secret? sliders? settings changes? i'm willing to try anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: playing as OC is supremely frustrating

Things I have found is I think this mode is set up for 5 min quarters as the CPU does not run anytime off of the clock and it seems to help if you watch the CPU play instead of simming. I'm a DC with a TeamBuilder Georgia Southern 1 star and my offense is a ton better if I watch them play. If I don't it's a three and out 75% of the time.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sure am. I haven't touched a slider and the most points my D has given up through six games is 28 and that game went into overtime.

With that said, I am Memphis...so you're playing against much better offenses
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm having a lot of fun playing O.C. Started as 2 stars and signed on as the Offensive Coordinator with Duke... DUke has a pretty weak defense (in the Cs, I think), but a good offense, and so I knew I'd need to put up points to compete. So far, we're 5 - 1, and upset Boston College and FSU, but gave up 36 points to Stanford to lose 36 - 30. I just know that I can't rely on my defense to really hold teams to points, so every possession matters for me. Had one game where my offense really sputtered, against FIU, having a totally horrible down game and not being able to complete many passes (like 6 for 22, terrible), but my defense held its ground and I won 7 - 3.

I play with slightly modded sliders and 6min quarters on All American.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Things have been sorta the other way around for me. I'm the offensive coordinator at NIU and three games in my unit has been the weakest link.

I got shutout by Army 13-0, and pummeled by Kansas 13-37. The defense actually play above decent against Kansas. I thew two pick-6s in that game and struggled to move the ball so Kansas often had great field position to start their drives and the defense held them to FGs or stops on a lot of them.

My 3rd game I actually beat a ranked Wisconsin 24-17. One of Wisconsins TDs came on a pick 6 (I think i've thrown 7 picks in three games ). Take away that offense turnover and the defense played amazing overall against them. Their one touchdown drive came after a big passing play where it appear the D blitzed a safety and a receiver beat coverage and caught a pass over everyone's heads for a big gain. After that, Wisconsin couldn't score again.

I've been impressed watching the defensive unit play. If anything, they should be frustrated with me as the OC right now (and that Wisconsin win was sorely needed and I'm sure helped things a lot, lol).

This is on All-American with default sliders, BTW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

I play OC with UNLV so have had my share of blowouts (55-0 vs Wisconsin comes to mind) but it hasnt been too bad.

Most people that have answered play on AA... you should do a test and move difficulty from varsity to all american for a game or so and see if you get the same results... maybe there is something going on with supersim and lower difficulty level.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
it seems to help if you watch the CPU play instead of simming
This. One thing I've ALWAYS found with supersim is that the team seems to be perform much better if they ACTUALLY play than if you just simmed the play. I watch most of the plays on defense.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOkami
This. One thing I've ALWAYS found with supersim is that the team seems to be perform much better if they ACTUALLY play than if you just simmed the play. I watch most of the plays on defense.
I think that this may be a superstition. I usually watch the final drives of the games or the half, and the CPU has marched right down the field about as many times as they have doing super sim. The benefit to watching is that you can make highlights and screen shots out of it, too.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »