Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #25
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
NCAA 11 = Psychic DBs & super-jump DL swats

NCAA 12 = Psychic DBs & super-jump DL swats

EA: Can you please fix these obvious, glaring issues in NCAA 13? Or is three years not enough time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #26
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

Agree with the review except for one thing ... this game is a lot of things, but polished it is not.

Also failed to mention the awful looking field, jersey staining being broken for one team every game, OL play art being buggy, deep ball issues online (stemming from poor player control on D), and coaching carousel being bugged in the sense that after a couple years there at 50-60+ (yes I said +) "A" to "A+" head coaches.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
NCAA 11 = Psychic DBs & super-jump DL swats

NCAA 12 = Psychic DBs & super-jump DL swats

EA: Can you please fix these obvious, glaring issues in NCAA 13? Or is three years not enough time?
Preach!!! Same old problems and its very frustrating
Old 07-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18
I really hope they don't go overboard with patches and tuners to appease the online guys and ruin the offline A.I. again.

Well written review and I really enjoyed the process of getting to the review.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 13
I don't see the hype.

An 8.5 is to high for this game in my opinion

More like an 7.5 or 8
Old 07-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #30
Rookie

BigPapi2004's Arena

OVR: 4

One of the best reviews out there.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #31
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I really hope they don't go overboard with patches and tuners to appease the online guys and ruin the offline A.I. again.

Well written review and I really enjoyed the process of getting to the review.

I don't play online anymore. So therefore I will be very diligent and very slow to download any tuner or patch.

I am very happy with the game out of the box with the release day patch.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiddy
The game is a solid 8 but a long ways from MLB the show and NBA 2k11. Needs much better presentation, smoother animations, player movement is unnatural. Better AI as opposed to bugs/glitches and just dumb player outcomes to even out the playing field.

It's getting there but EA is only capable of putting out a really good product as they can profit with that as opposed to a masterpiece as the show and NBA 2k11.

I disagree to a certain extent. Preentation. yes a long way from the masterpieces that are The Show and NBA 2K11. Totally with you there. Gameplay. Yeah, visually not on par.....but I am about fun and replay value first before graphics and I can say with confidence I will be playing NCAA 12 for years. When I can say that about a game.....then it is great for me. The series has come a long way and the game is a total blast.

I wish the audio and atmosphere was better. Because that would have put this game over the top and in the same breath as the other two I mentioned. It is all about what your looking for.

Video game football for me has always been about fun first and foremost. Unlike basbeall which is a serious sport for me (total baseball junkie) as well as B-Ball I am not crazy about football having total realisim in every aspect. The reason is I hate 3 yards and cloud of dust, numerous yellow flags everywhere. Football can really be a drag. Think about it, (especially in the NFL) out of a 12 games you maybe get 2-3 great ones played a week. The rest are a snore fest with some big plays sprinkled in.

College is a little different. Upsets, crazy comebacks etc.
Every game I play on NCAA has excitment, suspense, big plays, huge comebacks etc etc. Very unpredictable. Hence that is what keeps me playing.

As long as the game really gives me a fun game of football with strategy involved, great stats, good graphics...I am a satisfied customer.

I understand the fooball junkies (and I am one as I love football and watch it every Saturday and Sunday) who played the game tearing down these video representations. But IMO it is the hardest game to make on the virtual field. 22 guys all moving and doing everything the right way. It can't be easy.

My age is showing as I come from the Atari 2600 generation. So I am in sports video game heaven this gen. I really am.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-15-2011 at 09:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »