Home

Can you edit starting school prestige level?

This is a discussion on Can you edit starting school prestige level? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon5 Can you edit starting school prestige level?

As the title says. I'm a little annoyed that a school like Michigan got a 5/6 star rating and Ohio St. with the whole scandle they have going now are still 6/6.

Maybe I'm just being a homer but Michigan is still on of the high win programs in the the history of the NCAA and even with the poor hire of Rich Rod.

Basically my point is Ohio St should be a 5/6 or at least put Michigan on the same level as 6/6. I mean the scandle already has some of the top players that were committed to Ohio St for 2012 moving to Michigan now, 2 most recently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Can you edit starting school prestige level?

UM got trashed in their bowl last year (7-6 overall), and hadn't been to a bowl for 2 seasons prior. Its ok that they didn't max you out right away. Its not a lifetime achievement award. Your prestige HAS taken a hit with NCAA investigations and embarassing events surrounding Rich Rod.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezuma
UM got trashed in their bowl last year (7-6 overall), and hadn't been to a bowl for 2 seasons prior. Its ok that they didn't max you out right away. Its not a lifetime achievement award. Your prestige HAS taken a hit with NCAA investigations and embarassing events surrounding Rich Rod.
I agree so in that same line of thinking shouldn't Ohio St. also be knocked down to 5 stars with the whole investigations they have now. Losing top recruits and so on.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Thumbs down Re: Can you edit starting school prestige level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I agree so in that same line of thinking shouldn't Ohio St. also be knocked down to 5 stars with the whole investigations they have now. Losing top recruits and so on.
Look I'm a Michigan fan myself, but you're comparing 3 down years to just 6 months of a NCAA investigation and to my knowledge the only "Top" recruit they've lost is Kalis, Dunn (the only other 5* "committed to OSU) is still currently on board with them. I can't recall any decommits for them. One decommit happens, most teams will have one even Michigan. If you want to bring up prospects that haven't committed that were at one point heavy buckeye leans and now seem no longer (Adolphus Washington) you can't really say they lost them since they never had a verbal (which to me mean virtually nothing).
Old 07-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

In my opinion though overpracticing players is a lot less of an infraction that what Ohio St. is being investigated for. But yes if you are just taking into account team records since Carr's last season up until now then you would have to say they have not done very well lately. Though to me Ohio State regardless of record should take a big black eye for this and so should have USC, also still a 6 star school.

I guess when they calculate prestigue they are not taking that stuff into account. I'm sure they couldn't take away scholerships either in their current programing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

I was born and raised just outside of Ann Arbor, so don't get it twisted...but earlier somebody said the sanctions time difference (3 yrs vs 6 months), which is a decent point. BUT compare the last 9 years of their records?
OSU: 12-1, 11-2, 10-3, 11-2, 12-1, 11-2, 8-4, 10-2, 8-4, 11-2, 13-0; including a 6-3 bowl record AND a NC.
UofM: 7-6, 5-7, 3-9, 9-4, 11-2, 7-5, 9-3, 10-3, 10-3; including a 2-5 bowl record (no bowls in 2 of the seasons), and NO NC.

I mean...though the tradition and aura of U of M is still going strong, they are not year in year out as strong of a team as Ohio State-- not to mention their head-to-head record which is LARGELY in OSU's favor. Sorry man-- they're just not a 6* program anymore.

Last edited by cOWASs68; 07-14-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Use teambuilder, you can make michigan whatever prestige you want.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm not 100% that EA wants to have "sanctions" and investigations to play part into prestige, the NCAA had EA take out the "Discipline" aspect of dynasty mode to prevent any negative reflection it may or may not have on the NCAA or at least that's what we've been told.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »