Home

Deep ball abused online

This is a discussion on Deep ball abused online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Deep ball abused online

I'm going to chime in and agree on this thread. Past two games I've seen this happen. No matter the positioning of the CB the WR will beat them 1v1 on the deep ball. From what I can tell the INT/swat animation isn't going off correctly, while the WR has a spec catch animation almost every time.

Very, very frustrating to see BSers use this all the time.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #10
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
No matter the positioning of the CB the WR will beat them 1v1 on the deep ball. From what I can tell the INT/swat animation isn't going off correctly, while the WR has a spec catch animation almost every time..
This. Something is up with INT/Swat when going 1 on 1 vs a WR. I can get picks or pbus when coming from right to left or down towards the ball, but when I'm 1 on 1 with a WR and we're running stride for stride up the field the DB doesn't really go for the ball when I press catch or swat.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
No matter the positioning of the CB the WR will beat them 1v1 on the deep ball. From what I can tell the INT/swat animation isn't going off correctly, while the WR has a spec catch animation almost every time.
+1

And it doesn't just happen with CBs, had it happen in 2 Man with both CB and FS just standing there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

I haven't had this problem yet
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 07-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

If you leave 1 on 1 coverage most plays of the game, you are going to get beat a lot. Switch it up, leave the safeties back sometimes, then bring them in when he doesn't expect it. If you have 1 on 1 coverage you better pray you get a sack before he throws.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I've only run across one dude who did this, and I beat him. I don't know why he was so successful at it though, I'm usually able to pick everyone else off.

Quit pressing and showing blitz, btw. It'll kill you deep. Set your zone D gameplan to conservative.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't had any trouble at all. Last online game I played was against USC, and I picked the dude off twice with my CBs when he went deep and I was stride for stride with his WRs. Probably helped that I was UO and the secondary is pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #16
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
If you leave 1 on 1 coverage most plays of the game, you are going to get beat a lot. Switch it up, leave the safeties back sometimes, then bring them in when he doesn't expect it. If you have 1 on 1 coverage you better pray you get a sack before he throws.
I'm not talking about getting beat deep. I play mostly zone and occasional man. I'm talking about being stride for stride or a jump ball between DB and WR and pressing Y to jump up for the ball and the DB not getting his hands above his waist, while the WR leaps up and finds the ball and catches it uncontested. Something weird going on with WR/DB interaction.

I'm going to practice this afternoon and see if I can't recreate it a few times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »