Home

Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

This is a discussion on Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

That is your problem. Put it at 0 and you won't have all day to throw deep balls non stop.
I don't get that... I had at 0 when I started tweaking my slider set. I was seeing guys break away more so with slider threshold at 0. From my understanding the lower the threshold the more difference in speed differntial from the faster guys from the slower guys. So how would that help. You want less speed differential. I just try and stay away from over 50 because then you have LB's chasing down RB's from behind. Am I missing something with this slider?

My sliders I'm playing on are below but I'm still tweaking them.

Options
Difficulty- Heisman
Quarter Length-9 min
Game Speed- Slow
Speed Threshold- 45 (I had at 0 tostart then ended up moving it to 25,30,32,40, and now at 45)

Penalties
Offsides: 65
False Start: 60
Holding: 53
Facemask: 53
Offensive PI: 100
Defensive PI: 100
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 53
Intentional Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 53
Roughing the Kicker: 50

Sliders (User/CPU)

Offense
QBA- 20/25
Pass BLK- 50/50
WR Catch- 40/45
RBA- 55/65
Run Block- 35/60

Defense
Pass Coverage- 75/100
Pass Rush- 50/50
Int- 25/50 ( not sure if this could be the issue as I have heard if you turn this slider down then it effects pass coverage?)
Run Defense- 45/65
Tkl- 35/35 (better break tackle animations and they happen rather than not at 50)

Special Teams
FG Power- 40/45
FGA- 40/45
Punt Power- 40/45
Punt ACC- 40/45
Kick Off Power- 45/45

OFFENSE
QB OUT-60
QB IN-65
RB OUT-80
RB IN-85
WR OUT-80
WR IN-85
FB/TE OUT-80
FB/TE IN-85
OL OUT-60
OL IN-65

DEFENSE
DT OUT-84
DT IN-85
DE OUT-84
DE IN-85
LB OUT-80
LB IN-85
CB OUT-70
CB IN-75
S OUT-70
S IN-75

I dont want to tweak pass rush as they are getting pressure and getting a few sacks. I don't want to fix 1 problem to create another that is unrealistic.

I do think player edits with ratings will solve these issues though. I'm not saying I'm a great player by any means but I DO play sim & NEVER drop back 30 yards and throw for the record. I wait til my guy makes his cut after reading D and throw. The majority of the problem is the pass coverage slider is broke and doesn't do anything and also anytime the CPU jams me its guaranteed money once my player releases from it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #42
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamefanman
I don't want to fix 1 problem to create another that is unrealistic.
Unfortunately that's life when it comes to software/programming/tweaking things.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I also stated earlier that with the threshold at 0 I was getting a weird speed boost from my receivers to catch up to the ball, which in turn got enough seperation that it was an easy TD. I haven't been able to complete those passes with it at 50 though, so who knows. But this was on default Heisman.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #44
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

I think defensive AI is perfect right now, actually.

Short, medium and deep is all fine for me. Tight coverage at times and sometimes wide open.

Yeah, it's tough to hit the deep ball...as it should be.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Really? You're saying that CPU coverage on 100 is too easy?

I'm playing on default AA and the DBs are killing me with exceptional coverage.

It really sounds like we're playing two different games
Yeah, I can barely complete anything downfield as well. Every time I try it's tipped.
GO BLUE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamefanman
I don't get that... I had at 0 when I started tweaking my slider set. I was seeing guys break away more so with slider threshold at 0. From my understanding the lower the threshold the more difference in speed differntial from the faster guys from the slower guys. So how would that help. You want less speed differential. I just try and stay away from over 50 because then you have LB's chasing down RB's from behind. Am I missing something with this slider?

My sliders I'm playing on are below but I'm still tweaking them.

Options
Difficulty- Heisman
Quarter Length-9 min
Game Speed- Slow
Speed Threshold- 45 (I had at 0 tostart then ended up moving it to 25,30,32,40, and now at 45)

Penalties
Offsides: 65
False Start: 60
Holding: 53
Facemask: 53
Offensive PI: 100
Defensive PI: 100
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 53
Intentional Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 53
Roughing the Kicker: 50

Sliders (User/CPU)

Offense
QBA- 20/25
Pass BLK- 50/50
WR Catch- 40/45
RBA- 55/65
Run Block- 35/60

Defense
Pass Coverage- 75/100
Pass Rush- 50/50
Int- 25/50 ( not sure if this could be the issue as I have heard if you turn this slider down then it effects pass coverage?)
Run Defense- 45/65
Tkl- 35/35 (better break tackle animations and they happen rather than not at 50)

Special Teams
FG Power- 40/45
FGA- 40/45
Punt Power- 40/45
Punt ACC- 40/45
Kick Off Power- 45/45

OFFENSE
QB OUT-60
QB IN-65
RB OUT-80
RB IN-85
WR OUT-80
WR IN-85
FB/TE OUT-80
FB/TE IN-85
OL OUT-60
OL IN-65

DEFENSE
DT OUT-84
DT IN-85
DE OUT-84
DE IN-85
LB OUT-80
LB IN-85
CB OUT-70
CB IN-75
S OUT-70
S IN-75

I dont want to tweak pass rush as they are getting pressure and getting a few sacks. I don't want to fix 1 problem to create another that is unrealistic.

I do think player edits with ratings will solve these issues though. I'm not saying I'm a great player by any means but I DO play sim & NEVER drop back 30 yards and throw for the record. I wait til my guy makes his cut after reading D and throw. The majority of the problem is the pass coverage slider is broke and doesn't do anything and also anytime the CPU jams me its guaranteed money once my player releases from it!
maybe the thres needs to be at 50?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #47
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I play on AA with default sliders and have a tough time passing. Every deep route the DB jumps and attacks the ball while my WR goes for a waist high basket catch.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've played with some things and nothing is really making a difference. Right now I'm on Heisman with QB ACC at 0, CPU Break Block at 100 (hoping I wouldn't have time to throw deep), CPU Coverage at 100. I don't drop back 30 yards or anything, I let the QB take his normal drop back then move up into the pocket a little bit before I throw. Just for the record, to go back to sportsgamefanman's point, I'm not seeing a difference in any of those two sliders going from default to 100.

I tried threshold at 0, didn't make a difference. The thing is the coverage is just looking broken. As I said in the original post, defenders are sticking to there zone when I go down field, and not adjusting to the route, as that's what the "new zone defense" was supposed to fix. Nothing in our power can really fix that problem.

I replayed a play where my WR burnt the DB after a bump, and saw that when the DB bumped the WR, he turned around after (keep in mind he had no help over the top), and THEN started running with the WR, by that time he had no chance.

And it's not just hitting the TE or slot on verticals/posts, etc. It's the fact that SOMEONE (could be the TE, slot, #1, #2) is always open down field. Not 100% of the time obviously, here and there the CPU will defend it, but most the time something is available down field, definitely more times than not.
CFB: USC Trojans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »