Home

Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

This is a discussion on Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #57
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Something is seriously wrong with the defensive AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I must suck. I had a grand total of 82 yards passing in my last game.
Yeah the A.I. is definitely tougher, I can't argue that....But try this, go in on AA or Heisman, and start calling verticals. I guarantee you will complete a very high percentage of those, providing you have time to throw the ball.

I think they play the short zones efficiently, but when it comes to deep balls, I have noticed some sketchy tendencies. I'm still enjoying the game, a lot actually. But I have noticed some issues with deep passes.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think this thread should be in slider section. I just got done tweaking sliders and I had a completely different game on Heisman with pass coverage at 100 / Speed threshhold at 50 / drop passes at 40 / interceptions at 55 (this I believe is the key slider as CB's and Safeties play the ball better) / and I had QB accuracy at 20. I just lost in overtime as South Carolina vs Oklahoma 28-31. That was the funnest game I have played yet and the most realistic.

Garcia was 21-34 for 314 yards and had 1 TD and 4 int.

Now I still had some open plays but it was hit and miss as it should be. I still think the pass coverage slider is broken as nothing changed and I was killing it until I moved the interception slider up. When I did go deep there were safeties over the top and the CB was pretty much in stride with me.

So I think the people saying to have speed threshold at 0 or even 25 although its good for RB's getting seperation but when you have it there it ruins the passing game and the coverage of the AI...

This is just my opinion and what I have seen from my tweaking of sliders.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #59
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Yeah the A.I. is definitely tougher, I can't argue that....But try this, go in on AA or Heisman, and start calling verticals. I guarantee you will complete a very high percentage of those, providing you have time to throw the ball.

I think they play the short zones efficiently, but when it comes to deep balls, I have noticed some sketchy tendencies. I'm still enjoying the game, a lot actually. But I have noticed some issues with deep passes.
My experience was the opposite. I can complete the underneath stuff but downfield was tough.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamefanman
I think this thread should be in slider section. I just got done tweaking sliders and I had a completely different game on Heisman with pass coverage at 100 / Speed threshhold at 50 / drop passes at 40 / interceptions at 55 (this I believe is the key slider as CB's and Safeties play the ball better) / and I had QB accuracy at 20. I just lost in overtime as South Carolina vs Oklahoma 28-31. That was the funnest game I have played yet and the most realistic.

Garcia was 21-34 for 314 yards and had 1 TD and 4 int.

Now I still had some open plays but it was hit and miss as it should be. I still think the pass coverage slider is broken as nothing changed and I was killing it until I moved the interception slider up. When I did go deep there were safeties over the top and the CB was pretty much in stride with me.

So I think the people saying to have speed threshold at 0 or even 25 although its good for RB's getting seperation but when you have it there it ruins the passing game and the coverage of the AI...

This is just my opinion and what I have seen from my tweaking of sliders.
I agree with you on the fact that threshold is why the rec's are getting so much space cuz I didnt see this at all until I moved it down to 40 and I also think that this should be in the slider section
Old 07-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #61
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
My experience was the opposite. I can complete the underneath stuff but downfield was tough.
Me too. My YPA is very low. I think last game (my 5th overall maybe) I was 15-26 for 145 yards with Jacory Harris against Maryland. The only route combos that feel like they're consistently open involve the te running a flag to the sideline or a post over the middle. That's pretty much it. I've had some success with the flood combinations (the shotgun trips flood with the slot out route and the te flag/wr fly/rb flat combo) but those only work against zone, and that's the point of those routes anyway. I feel it's pretty well balanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2
I do believe after testing that ea was spot on at 50 for threshold.It keeps the pass coverage just about right.and still keeps a RB from getting run down by a LB from behind of from a lineman on q sweep or pitch.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 7

I must be awful at this game. I'm playing on varsity(don't laugh), and I complete about 45-50% with AU's QB. (smh)
Old 07-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #64
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

im gonna try your int. idea. threshold at 50 and still getting seperation deep. if you read the safety's its pretty easy. the te is seems to always be open on those deep slants or post. but wr's are destroying 1 on 1 on heisman atleast. especially if they try and bump. i hope the Int idea works. I need to try AA. i dont know who you guys arent hitting the deep routes. the cb can be right next to wr but if you lead on a deep ball the wr will catch it 5 yards ahead. Idk what the deal is right now. just played a first quarter and was throwing mostly. 187 passing with SO. MISS in 1st. 4 catches 122 for one wr. all on deep routes. two for td's. the flats are covered well. curls are pretty open against zone everytime. and the the comeback is deadly against man if you throw in break. deep in is also but have a hard time getting that off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »