Home

How is pass inteference STILL an issue after THIS MANY GAMES?!?

This is a discussion on How is pass inteference STILL an issue after THIS MANY GAMES?!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How is pass inteference STILL an issue after THIS MANY GAMES?!?

Listen, I know there's a lot of errors that come in these games that we all get upset over... But NONE is more egregious than the lack of pass interference calls after this many years of Madden/NCAA.

Pass interference is SUCH a part of real life football, and to have it be absolutely non-existent (even with sliders at 100) for this many years makes no sense. Whenever a deep pass goes in the air in real life we all wait to see the outcome of the call as we yell at our tv screens.

How does EA not add this after 20 years? How do they test and play these games and no one turns to each other and says "Isn't it weird that there isn't any pass interference in our games?". It's like not having a shotgun formation or a stiff arm...Why have we just accepted that pass interference doesn't exist in the EA world?

Ok, I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How is pass inteference STILL an issue after THIS MANY GAMES?!?

I actually saw my first PI call the first game I played this year.

And no I'm not saying it isn't broken because it was the first time I ever remember seeing one in a Football game, including Madden. And I haven't seen it in my ten games since.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I've seen one in five games.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
Rookie

How???? How does this happen? How do we get certain features we wanted, but they continue to not fix one of the most common things that takes place in football??? How??? Has anyone from EA ever commented on it? Like, saying that for some reason it's difficult to incorporate with the code or something?

Ok, I lied, I wasn't done.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I've seen 0 in several games played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

7 Games into my dynasty, both PI sliders maxed out at 100. So far 1 Def Pass Interference and zero Offensive pass interference calls.

Come to think of it I've never seen an offensive pass interference call in an EA Football game, and I've been playing since Madden 2002 and NCAA 2003.....

On the flip slide I always turn face mask off, because if you look at the replay the defender never grabs the guys mask, only a certain canned animation triggers the penalty.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #7
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

i had one called on me, the offense after tryin to manually catch the ball but the ball was over thrown by 10 yards out of bounds
Old 07-15-2011, 03:07 AM   #8
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven't seen an in 12. I got called for defensive PI a handful of times in 11, but only when I was making a legitimate play for the ball (/sigh). I used to see defensive PI pretty regularly last gen.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »