Home

First NCAA game looking for some help

This is a discussion on First NCAA game looking for some help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: First NCAA game looking for some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBirds212
Yeah people are still trying to create ODs but people have moved on to NBA 2K14 and stuff like that by now. I think the thing is there is a lack of "flavor". Like, did you ever read the news reports in NCAA for the National Championship. In mine it was Georgia Tech and UCLA. The article read something like "Georgia Tech puts its 13-0 record on the line vs. undefeated UCLA." Not even mentioning it was the freakin' National Championship to crown the best team in the county.
I never got into the pro sports games. No flavor there either. NBA gets boring very easily and Madden everyone runs the same offense. No such thing as spread, pistol, option, it's boring. Yea, I never read hardly any of articles. I'm just focusing on recruiting and playing haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
Thanks again for the info guys. Funny thing is I'm doing fairly well against the pass (Using San Diego State in off-line Dynasty). It's just the player switching that reeks against the run.

So I can just get my defender near the carrier and when he's close enough, he'll automatically make the tackle?
Haha I'm doing an offline dynasty with San Jose State. Yea, just near him and the computer will bring him down without having you press a button

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 12-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
Madden everyone runs the same offense. No such thing as spread, pistol, option, it's boring.
In my Los Angeles dynasty in Madden I'm running a Pistol offense that utilizes the Option. I try not to use option so much since I don't really have a great QB in terms of speed. Hey nowadays things are changing in the NFL, it's not all Pro style anymore.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBirds212
In my Los Angeles dynasty in Madden I'm running a Pistol offense that utilizes the Option. I try not to use option so much since I don't really have a great QB in terms of speed. Hey nowadays things are changing in the NFL, it's not all Pro style anymore.
Well, I know when the Dolphins first ran the wildcat, they were like "oh no, what do we do? The Qb isn't behind the center!" Panic. Then Chip Kelly comes in with his deadly spread. So I hope to see that more. From rumors I hear is teams choose not to run those style of offenses because the defense is much bigger and faster and smarter and they don't want players getting hurt

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Old 12-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I never got into the pro sports games. No flavor there either. NBA gets boring very easily and Madden everyone runs the same offense.
haha you nailed my feelings about pro sports on the spot pretty much. I just don't get it, I mean if you're a greenbay fan it seems like you're averaging watching 3 quarterbacks per lifetime. Don't you want to see more than 3 freaking quarterbacks in 80 years throw the ball on Sundays?

And it's pretty much the same players every year with the same coaches and the results are sporadic. One year a team wins 49-14 and then the next in the same freaking stadium with the same freaking players and coaches and maybe 1 starting rookie on each side and the score is like 24-21. I think there's just such a huge lack of passion and the jerseys are so gawd damn bland. I think the Rams jerseys looked alright the other weekend.
In some ways it just feels like a retirement league.. where you get money. Like "Oh man I can't watch Trent Richardson play for Bama anymore but it's okay I can just watch him on Sundays from now on and reminisce". Also the stadium seems like it's mostly comprised of older people and there's no student section which is the life of college stadiums (coming from someone who's gotten to stand in the Alabama student section these past 3 years). It just seems like pro sports is more of a spectator/event thing, maybe it's just a Southern thing that I live watching Alabama football. Or maybe it's just my A.D.D.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #21
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHORSE09
haha you nailed my feelings about pro sports on the spot pretty much. I just don't get it, I mean if you're a greenbay fan it seems like you're averaging watching 3 quarterbacks per lifetime. Don't you want to see more than 3 freaking quarterbacks in 80 years throw the ball on Sundays?

And it's pretty much the same players every year with the same coaches and the results are sporadic. One year a team wins 49-14 and then the next in the same freaking stadium with the same freaking players and coaches and maybe 1 starting rookie on each side and the score is like 24-21. I think there's just such a huge lack of passion and the jerseys are so gawd damn bland. I think the Rams jerseys looked alright the other weekend.
In some ways it just feels like a retirement league.. where you get money. Like "Oh man I can't watch Trent Richardson play for Bama anymore but it's okay I can just watch him on Sundays from now on and reminisce". Also the stadium seems like it's mostly comprised of older people and there's no student section which is the life of college stadiums (coming from someone who's gotten to stand in the Alabama student section these past 3 years). It just seems like pro sports is more of a spectator/event thing, maybe it's just a Southern thing that I live watching Alabama football. Or maybe it's just my A.D.D.
haha. Well this is what I always tell people. NFL stadiums all have chairs, while college stadiums mostly have bleachers. Why is that? Well NFL wants you to be comfortable while you watch, in college they want you to stand for 3 straight hours cheering on your school! The atmosphere in the NFL is next to nothing. The NFL "fight songs" are cheesier than Packer fans and the stadiums are remotely the same. Houston's looks like Indianapolis which looks like the new Minnesota stadium which looks like Arizona...etc. I will admit, I was at the game when the Lions won for the first time in over a year and it did get loud...but it's a dome, what do you expect? I don't believe in rivalries in the NFL plus there's no team chemistry. In college you will be able to bond with your teammates for 3-4 years. In the NFL, you could be traded in weeks and then you have to get a new chemistry. Even when you transfer in college, you have a year to bond with your teammates. Plus I think they try harder in college because they're trying to make a name for themselves, in the NFL, they already made a name for themselves. I would've loved to be Tebow, everyone thinks you're great (unless you're a true fan), you sit the bench and still make millions of dollars

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by SpartyParty11; 12-25-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
haha. Well this is what I always tell people. NFL stadiums all have chairs, while college stadiums mostly have bleachers. Why is that? Well NFL wants you to be comfortable while you watch, in college they want you to stand for 3 straight hours cheering on your school! The atmosphere in the NFL is next to nothing. The NFL "fight songs" are cheesier than Packer fans and the stadiums are remotely the same. Houston's looks like Indianapolis which looks like the new Minnesota stadium which looks like Arizona...etc. I will admit, I was at the game when the Lions won for the first time in over a year and it did get loud...but it's a dome, what do you expect? I don't believe in rivalries in the NFL plus there's no team chemistry. In college you will be able to bond with your teammates for 3-4 years. In the NFL, you could be traded in weeks and then you have to get a new chemistry. Even when you transfer in college, you have a year to bond with your teammates. Plus I think they try harder in college because they're trying to make a name for themselves, in the NFL, they already made a name for themselves. I would've loved to be Tebow, everyone thinks you're great (unless you're a true fan), you sit the bench and still make millions of dollars
Ravens/Steelers

49ers/Seahawks

Bears/Packers

Cowboys/Eagles (kinda)

other than that you are correct. but i would argue the playoff system in the nfl makes up for the lack of rivalries.

in the end i think college football is proabbly more interesting but the nfl has its day as well.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
lol nailed it again, I've always thought the same about the chair/bleachers as well. I guess in college most players only have one shot at a NC and since they're like 18-20ish it's huge to them to be the best. In pros it's just like ehh maybe next year regardless I can buy that new car I've wanted. I mean 12/32 teams get in the playoffs every year, so that's not an accomplishment.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #24
Rookie

good thing we didn't get off topic guys. If I had my dorm room to myself I'd definitely do NCAA tutorial vids (even tho I'm no expert just an above average veteran). Especially now if this is the last NCAA and new people are going to grab it. I just don't like the idea of my roommate hearing me talk when I make a video. Especially since he doesn't know I have a channel lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »