Home

Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug...

This is a discussion on Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #65
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug...

Oh and if someone has his email address or twitter or something please post it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Everyone needs to write and bombard Gamespot with e-mails about this idiot. This is the reason reviews are so sketchy now and the vast majority of us don't use them. Most gamers listen to OTHER GAMERS on forums and personal sites. Not some clown like this behind a desk who is ordered to do a job and write a review for said title.

We should all e-mail and complain that this is the situation that is wrong with the reviewing battle ground and it is time someone takes some professionalism into their company and do it correctly. Matter of fact I am off to e-mail them
I agree 100%. Fortunately, I'm aware of the NCAA and Madden community;
therefore, I know the writer's claims are bogus. However, a lot of people may judge whether or not they get the game based off this nonsense, which would be a sham to miss out on this game if you're a football fan. Although, the game is not perfect, it's still a good game. For the reviewer to be this irresponsible is just sad, smh!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
UGH!!

This is why I don't like the "Professonal Reviews" magazine, website, or anything like that!

I mean this would be a review I would take serously IF I was new to NCAA, this is one of the MOST biased reviews I've read or seen on the web or magazine.

First off backbreaker IS A ARCADE FOOTBALL GAME, and it is even HAVE REAL TEAMS LIKE NCAA,MADDEN,OR FOR THAT MATTER ESPN NFL 2K5!! The whole new takling system is a BIG impovement over NCAA 11, AND MADDEN NFL 11 for that matter.(Reason comming.)

It looks as if IGN and Gamespot are only interested in MP and not SP. I only play SP,and now it looks like the Dyansty mode is more like College Hoops 2K8 Legacy Mode, which I like because you don't have to start at the top of the pile and look down. I like being a Defenisve Cordanator. It is the closest thing(in my opinion to NFL Head Coach 09) we have this year.
True that some of the gameplay and running aminations look dated, but that can be addresed with a patch(gameplay and bugs anyway ever herd of TUNING PACKS FROM NCAA 11 reviewer!?!)

On top of that RTG Mode is for me anyway the BEST SELLING POINT for me(I play alot of strategy and RPG Games the past 20 Years.) It looks like AND IS ALOT OF FUN! Puls anything can be done to MAKE it more difficult

To say the tackling system is a huge improvement over ncaa 11 is a stretch.

same animations
still warping
players can't engage in a gang tackle unless the positioning is perfect

Tackling is pretty much the same as is the rest of the gameplay. They did improve upon zone defense but gameplay is essentially the same in my opinion.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #68
Rookie

UGH!!

This is why I don't like the "Professonal Reviews" magazine, website, or anything like that!

I mean this would be a review I would take serously IF I was new to NCAA, this is one of the MOST biased reviews I've read or seen on the web or magazine.

First off backbreaker IS A ARCADE FOOTBALL GAME, and it is even HAVE REAL TEAMS LIKE NCAA,MADDEN,OR FOR THAT MATTER ESPN NFL 2K5!! The whole new takling system is a BIG impovement over NCAA 11, AND MADDEN NFL 11 for that matter.(Reason comming.)

It looks as if IGN and Gamespot are only interested in MP and not SP. I only play SP,and now it looks like the Dyansty mode is more like College Hoops 2K8 Legacy Mode, which I like because you don't have to start at the top of the pile and look down. I like being a Defenisve Cordanator. It is the closest thing(in my opinion to NFL Head Coach 09) we have this year.
True that some of the gameplay and running aminations look dated, but that can be addresed with a patch(gameplay and bugs anyway ever herd of TUNING PACKS FROM NCAA 11 reviewer!?!)

On top of that RTG Mode is for me anyway the BEST SELLING POINT for me(I play alot of strategy and RPG Games the past 20 Years.) It looks like AND IS ALOT OF FUN! Plus anything can be done to MAKE it more difficult (sliders anyone!?!) It has something I always wanted in the series Coach Trust and Position Battles. The game will make you work for the starting job AND make you work to KEEP IT. This means doing well in Practice and the games you play in. DID I METION IRONMAN in high school and being able to play a full year in high school!?! HOW ABOUT RTG Broadcaster sounds! Need I say MORE!?!

How about CUSTOM confronences and that ability to get lower level colleges to have automatic BCS qualifaction?

AS for the menu system, it is JUST fine be me. I hated the calender system in RTG.(BIG UPGRADE in my book!) The menus aren't Sluggish IT ALL on my xbox 360 or my PS3!

This review SUCKS BEYOND COMPARISSON, and they didn't want to appericate the strides the developers made to the SP portion of the game.
IF IGN and Gamespot give Madden NFL 12, a good or even a great score like 8.0, 8.5, or even 9.0, to makeup for their review blunders, it WOULD make then even less creadable and BIASED twards the Pro Game and the "cashcow" so to speak. Don't get me worng, I love Madden, and the Pro Game, it just that the websites and magazines that diss NCAA and give Madden great reviews look TOTALLY BIASED BECAUSE THEY ARE BASICALLY THE SAME. End of RANT!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #69
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

As a journalist and a gamer, that review made me want to move over into his field because that reviewer obviously is not good at either.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #70
Rookie

Well to my eye it looks impoved but thats JUST ME. NCAA 11 had less takling animations and looked more canned than they do now. Now I'm saying it's not PERFECT BUT IT'S AN IMPOVEMENT. If you want perfect tackling animations and running (heaven forbid the ROBOTIC RUNNING ANIMATIONS.) you might have to wait for the next-gen xbox and PS4.
Just my opinion.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #71
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Par for the course when you consider journalism on the whole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 10

Lmaooooo....man this is the funniest shish i've seen in a minute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »