Home

Getting Bored After 2 Day Due to Sound.

This is a discussion on Getting Bored After 2 Day Due to Sound. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Getting Bored After 2 Day Due to Sound.

I really thought EA made some real good progress with this game, but after 2 days of playing, I'm finding myself "Bored". The reason for this is there is no excitement to the game. The crowd is completely out of it. The game doesn't bring you into it. It's just a flat game without the sound from the crowd. EA had a NCAA game back in 2005 or something that the crowd was screaming. My controller use to shake in my hand, it was so loud. What happen to that?

It's ashame, because I really started to like this game. And the other thing that's killing it for me is "No Penalties". Why is it so hard to apply penalties to a football game. By not having penalties is like a baseball game not having foul balls, or even strikes. Penalties is part of the game.

My Football text sim game has every penalty called under the sun, but yet NCAA can't get me any?!?!?!

It's kills me that the sound and no penalties are making the game fall flat for me. I really wanted to like this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Getting Bored After 2 Day Due to Sound.

Sliders

10 characters
Old 07-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Both of your complaints can be easily fixed in a matter of seconds. Just mess with your penalty sliders. Sure you are not going to get PI's called and other penalties, but you can still get the basic ones like holding, clipping, facemask, and roughing the passer to be called enough to make up for it.

And just mess with the audio settings in game to get the crowd to sound louder. I did it and love it.

― Plato
Old 07-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Part of the problem isn't the volume level of the crowd but HOW and WHEN they react. Like when your back breaks through a hole or you make a catch downfield they should EXPLODE. As you're running toward the endzone the noise level should be at a fever pitch etc. They don't always seem in "sync" with the action.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Try these, I'm having a great time BECAUSE of the sound, just finished a game, LSU at Arkansas and man was it awesome, Arkansas scored on a big pass play and the crowd "popped" and went nuts when AR scored to send it into overtime. Also if you can add custom sounds it helps a lot. I think after playing with the sliders some the main issue with the sound of the game is the way they mixed the volume levels on default, hopefully these help make the game better for you.

Master 100
Commentators 70
Crowd 95
Stadium PA 60
On The Field 70
Main Menu Music (doesn't matter)
Menu Fx 0
Custom Stadium Sounds 20

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-15-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Both of your complaints can be easily fixed in a matter of seconds. Just mess with your penalty sliders. Sure you are not going to get PI's called and other penalties, but you can still get the basic ones like holding, clipping, facemask, and roughing the passer to be called enough to make up for it.

And just mess with the audio settings in game to get the crowd to sound louder. I did it and love it.
The problem is the crowd is not interacting with what's going on on the field.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Try these, I'm having a great time BECAUSE of the sound

Master 100
Commentators 70
Crowd 95
Stadium PA 60
On The Field 70
Main Menu Music (doesn't matter)
Menu Fx 0
Custom Stadium Sounds 20

Thanks, Jp

I'll try them.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Part of the problem isn't the volume level of the crowd but HOW and WHEN they react. Like when your back breaks through a hole or you make a catch downfield they should EXPLODE. As you're running toward the endzone the noise level should be at a fever pitch etc. They don't always seem in "sync" with the action.
That is correct. That is what is killing the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »