Home

The Option Ineffective?

This is a discussion on The Option Ineffective? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Option Ineffective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
More importantly the cpu is ineffective, which makes a team like Georgia Tech no better than your average cupcake.

It is definitely an issue.
I agree the CPU needs help rushing in the option formation, no question.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

I believe they are attempting to make The Option a commitment instead of just something you can run for fun once in a while.

Teams that run the option all game still only have success with it half the time against equal or greater competition.

It feels like to me it more about using it as a Base to your offense. The key to me is getting the LB's and sometimes Safety's to wait that split second to make sure the FB does not get the ball. That is the main focal point that unlocks the option.

If you run an option with the defense playing an outside run, the option WILL FAIL. Period. You gotta give it to the FB heavy, especially early. It's like an investment. Like a body blow in boxing, relax, be patient and soon you can open up the full display on the opponent.

I love it. The Option takes strategy this year instead of last year it being like a bail out button.

How many times did you see last year a gamer would start that FR 3rd string QB with blazing speed just to run the option?

Not this year, the AI will actually key in on which of your backs are doing the damage and bite down. NICE!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I had a really good game with Army, but then had a meh performance with GaTech. I have no problem running with the FB ever. I'm getting 5-10 yards a carry with him every time. Rarely get anything positive with the QB. Pitching it to the HB is iffy. I've had nice plays, and then the play has gone nowhere other times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

The FB dive works well with the TO, but the other options don't work well at all. I see they are trying to curb last minute pitching, but they went OVERBOARD. I can't do anything at all other than the bback dive with the triple option this year and it's pissing me off.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Very much requires practice, I assure you
Old 07-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I had a really good game with Army, but then had a meh performance with GaTech. I have no problem running with the FB ever. I'm getting 5-10 yards a carry with him every time. Rarely get anything positive with the QB. Pitching it to the HB is iffy. I've had nice plays, and then the play has gone nowhere other times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Very much requires practice, I assure you

The biggest issue I have is how slow the QB is after the B/FB handoff (or not) and the delay in pitching the ball. It's not even last minute sometimes, you hit the button and the pitch isn't made ending up with your QB tackled.

It's getting rediculous man. NCAA 11 was perfect with the triple option (outside of pitching when you are tackled, esp pitching accurately).

In 12, its like they fixed the dive portion of the option and ruined the other 2 options.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
Rookie

llinear's Arena

OVR: 1

The key is finding a formation you are comfortable with, I have had several 50+ QB keepers with FSU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #16
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

For me on offense, its all about patience. You might have to suck it up and go to the FB on the triple option for several plays in a row, but if you're patient and make your reads, you can find some room outside. Don;t expect to go speed option right away and bust of 8 yards a carry.

For the CPU, I really wish they were more effective. It seems my defense gets into the backfield too readily.

This is all on AA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »