Home

WR Mid Screen = Money?

This is a discussion on WR Mid Screen = Money? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
WR Mid Screen = Money?

I am starting to believe this play is money. Every single time I have ran it I get at least 10 yards. The only time I didn't get 10 yards or more was when my WR caught it and it looked like my O-Lineman's hand knocked the ball out of his hands because he just dropped it as soon as they collided.

Other than that one occasion I am able to get a first down every single time I run it. I really hope it isn't money every time because it is one of my favorite plays that I love to run. I don't call it, but 3-4 times a game at the most, so it is possible I am just calling it at the right times, but I doubt that though.

Has anyone else noticed it is a guaranteed 10+ yards every time?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

WildeCane's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WR Mid Screen = Money?

Ive gotten big plays a few times but it aint money for me. Im using custom sliders so maybe thats why
Chi Bulls
Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

I stop it was Man coverage with DE contain.. that DE will most likely stand right in the throwing lane and knock it down or pick it off.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

It rarely works for me on Heisman(vs CPU). usually the DE turns around and crushes the WR as he is catching the ball. or he'll jump and bat the ball down. I guess I'm just unlucky with that play.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Hmmm. I am on Heisman too and the team I am having the success with it is Wyoming. Even against TCU and Nebraska who were easily dominating me, that play was still money against them.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've had success with it and been stopped using it. My pb has 20 SGs so I've used it from several different formations.

If you're curious if it's money, take it into practice and run it over and over against some random defenses and see how often it works. That's a much better sample size than running it a few times here and there per game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

I've played less than 10 games so far, so it's a relatively small sample size. I've had good success running this a couple times a game, especially when the defense is in zone. When the defense is in man, or press coverage though, the CB typically has done a good job sticking with the WR and blowing up the play or keeping it to a small gain.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

So far screens as a whole work much better in this game than they did last year.

There is a HB screen that I run out of the Shotgun Normal formation that was mostly miss than hit the last couple of years in NCAA. This year, I've used it at least once a game and every time I get solid yardage with it.

I noticed that the blockers set up really well as I was able to rumble for big yardage on a 2nd down play last night against Oregon. They brought heat and I just flicked it to Michael Ford who punished them for 22 yards as the receivers and my tight end threw great blocks.

In '11 it was rare when it worked that well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »