Home

CPU just stole game (photo proof)

This is a discussion on CPU just stole game (photo proof) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: CPU just stole game (photo proof)

Tim Donaghy is now an NCAA football ref.......

I thought you knew?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #42
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
But I do believe if you have one foot out of bounds and one foot in bounds when you catch the ball...it should be incomplete or at least a dead ball where he caught it though right?

Good point about the one foot...that may be why the game did not call mine incomplete but it should have been a catch where it was made, not allowing him to run down the field for a lucky TD lol.
The picture does show the one foot out of bounds while the other is in the air. It would need to be the other way around to be good.

The play should have whistled dead either way so yea it looks like a blown call.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #43
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbluth24
Was it 4th and 8 or 5th and 8? Cause I couldn't even imagine how mad I would be if they had gotten an extra down too...

Oh wait I completely know what that feels like!

MIZ!
ZOU

I love that there's a bar in Columbia called The 5th Down.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #44
Rookie

The Pizza Guy07's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
It was a ref who was paid off... look at your photo... the play is happening right in front of him and yet he's not even looking at the WR...
Hahaha! That's funny!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
But it's one thing to have the refs blow a call on the field--that happens, and it's part of football. That is why the challenge system exists in the first place.

It's infuriating to have the refs make the correct call on the field, then overturn that to the wrong call after a challenge, where the replay clearly shows that they had it right before. That's NOT realistic and does NOT happen in real life.
I've seen times in real football where a call is right and the refs review it and overturn it (making it incorrect). It's rare but its happened. As far as I know this sort of thing in the game is rare as well.

Now as for the CPU cheating, oh I 100% agree with you on that one..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #46
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

I have had some very strange challeneges as well. The game has gotten some of them right (including a fumble where the knee was down and an out of bounds catch), but I have also seen the game overturn calls that were clearly correct the first time (both involving sideline catches, one where both feet were in bounds and one where the whole foot was out of bounds).

I'd like the replay system to be a little more reliable. Not necessarily perfect, but more reliable. I'll have to play more games to see if what I'm getting is some "realism" in ref stupidity.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #47
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0

So im playing as an OC for Washington State (WSU and Arizona State [RTG QB-ASU] now have two of the best sets of uniforms btw) and we play Colorado where the game heads to overtime. So i lose the toss and am forced to play offense first (important to know). Both teams score. They receive the ball first in the 2nd OT, again both teams score. So in the 3rd OT they receive the ball first again. And i immediately say "They finna cheat" (lol) since i came across this thread before the game. Nervous, i watch the first play of OT3 and Colorado throws a pick and i immediately kick the 42 yard field goal to win. Now i am relieved because to my knowledge teams in OT-play alternate opening each period. So i should have received the ball first again and not Colorado twice in a row. Had i lost because of this error i dont know i would have done, probably turn the game off right there lol.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #48
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by awil1026
So im playing as an OC for Washington State (WSU and Arizona State [RTG QB-ASU] now have two of the best sets of uniforms btw) and we play Colorado where the game heads to overtime. So i lose the toss and am forced to play offense first (important to know). Both teams score. They receive the ball first in the 2nd OT, again both teams score. So in the 3rd OT they receive the ball first again. And i immediately say "They finna cheat" (lol) since i came across this thread before the game. Nervous, i watch the first play of OT3 and Colorado throws a pick and i immediately kick the 42 yard field goal to win. Now i am relieved because to my knowledge teams in OT-play alternate opening each period. So i should have received the ball first again and not Colorado twice in a row. Had i lost because of this error i dont know i would have done, probably turn the game off right there lol.
I thought, for some reason, there was a coin flip or option given after the 2nd OT... interesting point you bring up. Obviously hasn't happened to me enough for me to remember.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »