Home

What We Take For Granted

This is a discussion on What We Take For Granted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What We Take For Granted

i have no problems with this game.
I think it is super fun and it has a lot of replay value
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #26
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
Maybe it's just because I'm from a bit of a different generation, but I remember begging for Super Nintendo games that were $60, then taking them home and learning a tough lesson about the value of money. Those games couldn't be patched. Once you bought it, you were stuck with it, crappy or not. That's just one reason why gaming magazines/rental places were as popular as they were, but I'm getting off topic.

I'm 24 now, but I would have killed for something like this when I was 10-12 years old. I'd laugh if EA just said, "nah, we're not going to release NCAA next year, too many complaints." Some people act like they're entitled to everything. No one forced you to spend $60. No one forced you to buy it when you could have just as well rented it.

If you bought on release day and are now disappointed, be disappointed in yourself for being an uniformed buyer.

I, on the other hand, bought before release day, and I couldn't be having more fun with this year's game.

To each their own. I know some people aren't happy, but no one should act like anyone was robbed of their money here. That's pretty dumb if you ask me.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #27
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Nice to see that out of three pages, like 3-4 posts actually talked about what they take for granted.

I'm not dogging on the people bashing the whiners, I'm with you. I just wish you could have one friggin thread where a bunch of little spoiled mamas boys didn't come in and ruin it by b!tching and complaining about crap they can't even comprehend the scope of. They have no ideas about budgets, and payrolls and time constraints and editing lines of code and debugging...

but they want to come in and hijack every thread with there whaaa, whaaa, whaaa, whining. F%&$ OFF!!

Ok, I'm done. Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #28
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
I am not that old, only thing i remember having to blow in is 64 games(and game boy). How many people had to buy another super Nintendo becuase the first one broke?
How many people had to buy a new 360 because of the dreaded RED RING of DEATH, or a new PS3 because the old fat ones broke after 2-3 years.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #29
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
What we take for granted is a college football game. Some of the things people complain about is absolutly absurd... yet what they fail to remember is that no game, scratch that, nothing is perfect.

Honestly, it seems like the day these games come out, people are already looking for the flaws right off the bat. Simulating for progression and playing practices so that they can slow it down in replay and see if it is realistic or not. I don't think I would even see or notice"all the flaws" if I wouldn't come on forums. Just play the game.

And as far as costing $60 for the game? ... you will spend that much money on a Friday night date which you are not garunteed anything compared to buying a game where you spend it once, and you can use it for 100 hours if you so choose. Its not that much money in the big scheme of things.
Please son, if im dropping $60 on a friday night date best be sure I'm gettin laid
Old 07-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #30
Pro

majesty95's Arena

How about online dynasty and the online dynasty website? I've done web programming a little and I cannot imagine what it takes to take all that date from a game and have it automatically generate into a website. Crazy!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #31
Pro

majesty95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag5115
Please son, if im dropping $60 on a friday night date best be sure I'm gettin laid
Like $60 is a lot lol. I've had girls spend three times that taking me out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 05:11 AM   #32
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag5115
How many people had to buy a new 360 because of the dreaded RED RING of DEATH, or a new PS3 because the old fat ones broke after 2-3 years.
That was what i was trying to get at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »