Home

2nd Half AI Defense

This is a discussion on 2nd Half AI Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Rookie

nickefer's Arena

OVR: 3
2nd Half AI Defense

First off i'm playing with Alabama in my dynasty as HC. I am playing on AA with SN's sliders with a few minor tweaks in favor of the CPU's rushing game.

My question to all of you is...is it just me or playing good teams it is virtually impossible to move the ball consistently in the 2nd half after pounding the ball down the AI's throat the entire first half???

For example I just got done play against Penn St. with Bama at Penn St. it was a very tough game with SN's sliders making it a lot more realistic in terms of drive success and scoring. You don't score on every drive, you have 3 and outs, and you have to be smart with play calling. Anyways I was able to move the ball rushing fairly well in the first half and had 64 yards on 13 carries with Richardson, 5/9 passing for 87 yards with Sims. End of the half score was 17-14 Bama.

Then the second half, 5 straight drives for me and Penn St. all go 3 and out. The end of the 3rd quarter I had 22 rushes for 72 yards (9 carries, 6 yards in 3rd quarter) still 17-14 Bama.

Then comes the 4th quarter, same ****. Can't move the ball, still able to stop Penn St. though until it gets down to 2 minutes...then all of a sudden ****ing EA and their damn robotic AI offense just pummels me going 87 yards in 1:02 and gets a TD. Then what happens to me, 1st pass on my drive throw it to a WIDE OPEN receiver at the 50 with a LB at the ~40 and SUPERMAN HIMSELF CATCHES THE ****ING BALL!

I'm so sick of this same **** from EA every year and all the reviews always sway me into getting it. I don't mind losing football games, if I lose by getting beat and not getting cheated. It's a ****ing video game I shouldn't get pissed.

I want some feedback from you guys but please nothing from you people that play on Varsity and say you have no problems or you people that consider yourselves gods of NCAA and say you beat teams by 40 on Heisman, just legit feedback thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2nd Half AI Defense

It's actually the opposite for me when on Heisman.

What will happen is the first quarter I won't be able to move the ball at all. The computer will be up 14-0 on me, which they've done many times. The second quarter I will either tie it with a minute left or take the lead.. and then in the 2nd half my offense blows up and I end up winning by double digit points, usually in the 4th quarter.

Here's a box score of a game I played against Oklahoma as Stanford.

OU 10-0-10-14 ... 34
ST 7-13-2-24 ... 47

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

I was using SN's sliders earlier on and besides what you mentioned I found running to be an issue. It seems like their were no holes opening up thus no lanes formed and I always had defenders in the backfield. Now I know he updated his slider set and I have not used the updated set yet.

At the moment I am using Matt10's sliders (tweaked), but I need more games on it. I had a tweaked set based off of SEC's also (didn't see cpu catch up on these - plus he updated them recently) but the game speed is on normal and I like slow. (getting old, don't have the reactions of an MLG player anymore LOL)

I would look at a different set that gives you good game play they way you like then adjust what you need +- 10 to 20 on different abilities, like one or two, if you have to change them all why have the sliders.

Between these two sliders I have not seen the robo defense, I have games where the cpu gets ahead and i pull out wins in the last minute in the 4th. But those aren't give me's, if I screw up it's over and I have had some of those. I had one excellent game that was a punting game, it was won off a FG and a safety by me. The whole 4th I expected the cpu to robo score on me and they didn't. I was shocked they didn't as I kept saying this is where I lose everytime they had the ball.

Last edited by duc748s; 07-16-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Rookie

nickefer's Arena

OVR: 3

so do you prefer matt's over SN's?

the main issue I'm having isnt neccessarily that I can't run the all, I'm running fine until I meet the superheros of football in the 2nd half. Then I've tweaked SN's so the CPU can actually run the ball the first 5 games I played on SN I allowed negative rushing yards.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

Tough one to call right now, I am up in the air over those and kkman's right now. To confuse it more I started a dynasty offline using SEC's updated sliders (haven't played a game yet - give me a few days). Though I am leaning towards kkmans.

Try them out and see if they are good for you, everyone plays differently so they might work or they might not.

here's kkman's - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042553829
I sim'd a AF vs FCS game on these and AF lost, but when I played as AF I had to adjust CPU run defense and user run a bit, and another setting I forgot which, but his updated set looks a lot like the tweaks I made. I played one game as Army though and destroyed a team with the option, but I had to set it up with some short passes and some FB runs up the middle because the D was hitting me for negative yards at first. So I don't know how realistic it was, but it was one game. Also I noticed that the long ball isn't there, but I only play HB with no switch.

Like I said..everyone plays differently, you have to find a good base and go from there. If I had to pick between Matt's and SN's though I probably go with Matt's as it suits my play style more. But I tried out kkman's and these are working well for me. You can do like I do and load a set in, run 6 to 8 games, make notes. Then try another set and do the same. Then pick. It's not hard to put sliders in, just takes a bit to test. I spend about a week or two messing with sliders till the first patch/tuner and a good roster comes out, then start my official RTG and dynasty. Other wise I'd have to restart Dynasties over and over between rosters and patches being put out.

Last edited by duc748s; 07-17-2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: more info
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »