Home

Is the Stiff Arm Broke???

This is a discussion on Is the Stiff Arm Broke??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is the Stiff Arm Broke???

press A on XBOX...and nothing...is the stiff arm even animated?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is the Stiff Arm Broke???

It's not broken, but it's a timing thing. If you press it at the wrong time, it's not going to work.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

Depends on which hand the ball is in, if you hit stiff arm and the ball is in the hand you're gonna stiff arm with you have to switch the ball first (which it does when you hit stiff arm). I was confused on this untill I watched a reply to figure out what was going on. So now, if I remember, when I go to the outside I hit stiff arm to switch the ball if it's inside to be ready.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

On the PS3 the animation looks absolutely pathetic and I have a hard time using it because its actual functionality is so hit and miss.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

USC-Trojans's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't want to hijack this thread but since the truck stick is in the same category: Is it a timing thing aswell?

Because I want to truck people with the power backs but each time it fails.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

I would say that it is broken meaning it doesn't work as it is intended in my opinion. You have to initiate it well before you even know you have to, then if you do manage to do that it never breaks a tackle or has any effect whatsoever.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Flick and tap

While loading a tip comes up saying "try to use the truck stick right before you get hit." The same thing goes for the stiff arm. I use the stiff arm as my main move and see multiple animations. The most luck I have with it is to tap it right before contact. Do not hold it down, but use it more like a jab.

Every move I do with right stick or button is a flick or tap.
Once you get the timing down you will push off guys with your arm, or throw them to the ground and so. Very rewarding

Ps. Do not use it to early, it will never work. Just like real life its hard to tackle a guy when I get punched in the face mask, verses grabbing his arm that he has been holding out at me for the last yard.

Last edited by Cpre5; 07-16-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
Depends on which hand the ball is in, if you hit stiff arm and the ball is in the hand you're gonna stiff arm with you have to switch the ball first (which it does when you hit stiff arm). I was confused on this untill I watched a reply to figure out what was going on. So now, if I remember, when I go to the outside I hit stiff arm to switch the ball if it's inside to be ready.

That is a good point, however, the switch the ball animation takes about 3 seconds to complete. In real life, it probably takes about 1 second to complete. So to me, most of the time, it's useless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »