Home

About Pumpfaking..

This is a discussion on About Pumpfaking.. within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #25
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: About Pumpfaking..

I have had this problem on a 360. There is a definite delay when trying to Pump Fake. I have only seen it for the first pump fake you try but there is a delay. I always have to hit the stick twice....

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #26
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

I think the problem might stem from a different way of linking animations for QB's. I've noticed, on both Varsity and AA levels, that QB's now only throw and release the ball when it's more physically possible to do so. In past years, you'd hit a receiver's button, and the QB, regardless of where he was in the pocket, or running for his life, could pretty assuredly get rid of the ball.

This year, it seems EA tuned the animations to the extent that a QB's release is now a longer process. It's possible that the pump fake animation relies more heavily on prerequisite animations to complete before the pump fake can occur.

I play on a 360 with the game HD installed, and I do see noticeable delays in the pump fake.

On a related note, the pump fake sure is more effective this year though. Defenders bite on it more realistically.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #27
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
I think the problem might stem from a different way of linking animations for QB's. I've noticed, on both Varsity and AA levels, that QB's now only throw and release the ball when it's more physically possible to do so. In past years, you'd hit a receiver's button, and the QB, regardless of where he was in the pocket, or running for his life, could pretty assuredly get rid of the ball.

This year, it seems EA tuned the animations to the extent that a QB's release is now a longer process. It's possible that the pump fake animation relies more heavily on prerequisite animations to complete before the pump fake can occur.

I play on a 360 with the game HD installed, and I do see noticeable delays in the pump fake.

On a related note, the pump fake sure is more effective this year though. Defenders bite on it more realistically.

Agree on all counts, at least on 360. I will not throw long without a pump fake though, it SIGNIFICANTLY increases the completion rate, it dumbs down the DB on most plays to Forest Gump level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »