Home

Possible Recruiting Issue: Emphasis on HB, WR, ATH

This is a discussion on Possible Recruiting Issue: Emphasis on HB, WR, ATH within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #41
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Possible Recruiting Issue: Emphasis on HB, WR, ATH

Yeah, on this page the Pocket Scout dude posted ratings of every Freshman recruit after his 1st year:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cruiing-2.html

There's a good balance. Sparq is based off of the Athleticism of a player, not their skill
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #42
Rookie

smithc6's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Yeah, on this page the Pocket Scout dude posted ratings of every Freshman recruit after his 1st year:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cruiing-2.html

There's a good balance. Sparq is based off of the Athleticism of a player, not their skill
Yeah I get that, and Im glad thats the case. But the SPARQ thing is over emphasized thus making those positions get rated higher. I think the people commenting on this issue understand the recruits are still coming out pretty equal when it comes to ratings. What theyre trying to get across is the fact the WR, RB, and ATH are still making up the majority of the 5* recruits. Though this may only be a presentation issue, its still an issue. A lot of people buy this game for its realism, and this is far from being real.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #43
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithc6
Yeah I get that, and Im glad thats the case. But the SPARQ thing is over emphasized thus making those positions get rated higher. I think the people commenting on this issue understand the recruits are still coming out pretty equal when it comes to ratings. What theyre trying to get across is the fact the WR, RB, and ATH are still making up the majority of the 5* recruits. Though this may only be a presentation issue, its still an issue. A lot of people buy this game for its realism, and this is far from being real.
They are getting ranked higher, but not rated higher. As you mentioned its presentation issue that might detract for some but its not a game killer by any stretch.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 15

its mostly a non issue. The rankings are a bit off but the actual players come in where they are supposed to be
Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #45
Rookie

smithc6's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
They are getting ranked higher, but not rated higher. As you mentioned its presentation issue that might detract for some but its not a game killer by any stretch.
Yes and thats great to know. Im glad this site has people like you that can fill in the gaps about this because initially I would think 5*=higher rating. SO thats definitely good.

But if its something that can eventually be remedied with a patch, I think it should...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

For '11, the game designers here said recruiting classes are based upon the senior class. So if your graduating a ton of great QB's, there will be a lot of 5-star QB's in that recruiting class.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyBeltre_PP
On the flipside you could use Scout's rankings and they have multiple 5 star QBs every year. Also, the last three #1 players have been non-skill position guys in Arik Armstead (OT), Jadeveon Clowney (DE), and Seantrel Henderson (OT).
True, I just usually think to use Rivals because historically I have viewed them as more accurate. But I must say that Scout and ESPN have closed the gap tremendously in recent years and may have actually done a better job this year.

Quote:
I certainly see your point, but that doesnt mean theres never been one or will ever be one...
True. I actually did a little more studying after I read this thread and you are on to something here. However, I think that it is not so much that there are too many 4* and 5* QB/HB/WR/ATH, but that there are not enough lineman/LB/DB etc... as highly rated players. In my experience the number of LB and DB is severely lacking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »