Home

Have you lowered the cpu INT slider, or raised the HUM QB accuracy?

This is a discussion on Have you lowered the cpu INT slider, or raised the HUM QB accuracy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Have you lowered the cpu INT slider, or raised the HUM QB accuracy?

I played a game last night as Clemson, against So. Carolina(cpu), and in the first half I threw THREE ints.

Two of them were to defensive lineman. smh One of which was on a HB screen pass, when the DL just jumped out outta nowhere and snagged the ball like he had stickem on his hands. The other was in the redzone(inside the 5, I seem to see alot of INTS around the goal line) and the guy dropped back into coverage and the ball didnt go where I expected it to go.

It seems to me that QB accuracy is largely the problem, b/c the ball isnt going to the spot you throw it to on default slider. Even the worst QB's can aim the ball in short distances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I know its frowned upon in general in this forum but I personally jacked the human accuracy slider up to 100 when I play. I feel it gives me some semblace of accuracy when I throw, and despite what is going to be said I still under and overthrow balls so I'm still usually around the 55% range. I'm sure others will have the total opposite viewpoint than I do in regards to this.

sent from parts unknown
Old 07-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Have you lowered the cpu INT slider, or raised the HUM QB accuracy?

I play with QB ACC at 40 and INT at 35 for both hum and CPU, on Heisman.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I have the interception slider at 50 for both HUM and CPU and accuracy is 25 HUM and 20 for CPU on Heisman. In real life if a player can get his hands on the ball, they're going to catch it more times than not. At 50 I still see defenders dropping picks, but still catching the ones they should.

In years past I would drop the INT slider low to help make up for the lack of incomplete passes that weren't picks. This year, however, with my sliders I am seeing a lot of over and under throws, so I left it at 50 and am happy with it at that. If me or the CPU make a bad decision and throw it into coverage, a pick is probably going to happen. Thankfully the AI is a lot smarter this year too and they don't make as dumb passes anymore so I am not really seeing a worrying amount of picks like you would in years past at 50.

― Plato
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

wow......I played as Clemson against South Carolina last night, 5 times in a row because I was testing some things.

I played over 40 games now and I have never thrown an INT to a defensive linemen this year at all.

Also QB accuracy slider really doesn't control how accurate the QB is. All it really does is control how much power the QB has when he throws the ball.

That is why the higher the slider, the tighter the spiral and more movement you get out of it when you directional aiming it to a spot.

The lower it is, the looser the spiral and more air gets under the ball. I always viewed sliders as a personal preference anyway with what you are comfortable with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
wow......I played as Clemson against South Carolina last night, 5 times in a row because I was testing some things.

I played over 40 games now and I have never thrown an INT to a defensive linemen this year at all.

Also QB accuracy slider really doesn't control how accurate the QB is. All it really does is control how much power the QB has when he throws the ball.

That is why the higher the slider, the tighter the spiral and more movement you get out of it when you directional aiming it to a spot.

The lower it is, the looser the spiral and more air gets under the ball. I always viewed sliders as a personal preference anyway with what you are comfortable with.
Are you sure it doesn't affect the CPU accuracy at all?

At 50 I was seeing CPU QB's going 9-12, 13-17, etc. With it at 20 I am seeing a lot of overthrows on the deep ball and under throws on posts and outs. Now with my sliders the CPU is getting more realistic percentages. I am seeing the same QB's going 11-19, 7-13, 15-27, etc.

― Plato
Old 07-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I can see the same thing on default......All depends on how good your defense is. Even on Heisman I seen QBs like Moore, Luck go 22-46 on passing.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

It's the same defenses against the same QB's. The differences I am seeing with my accuracy for the CPU at 20 are they throw a lot more underneath passes and I am seeing a good amount of under/over throws compared to before.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »