Home

Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

This is a discussion on Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #25
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo's corked Bat
OK, I'm a powerhouse. Took 5 years with Cincy, but I get 5 star recruits easily now. One question though, does recruiting before you play your game or after make a difference?
I always recruit before. It's just habit.

Plus, if you have recruits that are ready to visit that week and you're confident in their pitches then schedule them to come by.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #26
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeV
Ok, I've been playing NCAA for a bunch of years, but apparently I've never gotten recruiting at all. There is some advice I've read that doesn't make sense to me, and it's probably because I don't understand the fundamentals of how recruiting works. I've seen people say to only put 10-15 recruits on the board and only recruit more after the season...
The idea behind the 10-15 on the the board is that you one have 10 hours to recruit and don't want to spread yourself too thin with any of them. I usually only have 10 (1-hour each). When I land someone, I look for 1 person to replace them. I usually don't go over the # of seniors on the depth chart so I don't have to cut anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeV
I've also seen people say to not remove recruits that sign with another school. None of that makes sense to me. Generally, I fill my board and offer everyone a scholarship. I'm guessing that's the wrong thing to do. Please help.
I don't think this makes ANY difference. If someone signs with someone else, they are off my board. Never seem to affect anything.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #27
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
Some noob questions because this is the first NCAA I've gotten in a long time...

How do you see the recruit attributes?
Hit the "More Info" button on a recruit, then cycle through using RB/R1, to see the different pages. School interests, skills/attributes, etc. In the Skills page, you'll see various attributes with a letter grade, this letter grade equates to a range value for that attribute, to give you an idea of that recruit's skillset.

Quote:
Is it really pointless to try to recruit guys who don't have you in the Top 10? I wanted to be Rutgers and try to lockdown NJ and NY, which means going after 4 stars who aren't initially interested.
I'm in a similar situation with a 3* Arizona team, but I think I have a better pipeline than you. Anyways, if you aren't in the top10, there is a chance you could get onto it, but you'll have to dump a ton of time and sacrifice losing lower rated players due to lack of interest.

Quote:
Is it important to unlock how important a recruiting category is? That was the first thing I used to do on the old ones. But this system is different obviously. So what's the best way to go about it, out of all the options you have during the call?
[/quote]

Absolutely. The idea is to unlock the "Very High" and "Most", and pitch those if you get a 2X or just need more points. But its equally important to attempt to sway a recruit on topics you're strong in, because the more "Very High"s you have.. the more interested the recruit has and makes your campus visits more successful.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #28
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Slider2
I've been getting 10 or so top 100 prospects with one star WMU in the first year

I am calling BS on this one
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #29
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
I am calling BS on this one
yeah, not even my 3 star teams get top 100 prospects.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #30
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

Serious, I had them at week 9. All at soft commit, until I lost 7 in the next week, 4 to texas, 2 to OSU and 1 to Florida. Still ended up with a #30 recruiting class.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #31
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo's corked Bat
OK, I'm a powerhouse. Took 5 years with Cincy, but I get 5 star recruits easily now. One question though, does recruiting before you play your game or after make a difference?
The only time it makes a difference is on weeks when you have players visiting your school. You must set their itinerary before the game is played, and whatever grade you get is determined during the week while the game is played, not during the advancement stage.

That is the only time I can think of where it makes a difference whether you do anything recruit related before or after a game.

@Everyone: thanks for the great info throughout the thread!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have recruiting assistance options on. i do no work in recruiting, 4th season with WSU 2 nat champs and i get like 5-5* and 15-4* a season. i may pick a few players here n there to recruit but i let computer do it all. works fine for me..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »