Home

Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

This is a discussion on Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #33
Rookie

BigPapi2004's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardlouis78
i have recruiting assistance options on. i do no work in recruiting, 4th season with WSU 2 nat champs and i get like 5-5* and 15-4* a season. i may pick a few players here n there to recruit but i let computer do it all. works fine for me..
To me I feel like that takes the fun out of the game.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #34
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Does a non-visiting game performance effect recruiting? Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like when after a game a WR has a several catches, a HB has a lot of carries/yards, the QB has a lot of TDs/yards, the TE has a few catches, or even the DE has a few sacks that the recruits of these same positions become more interested in my school after that game. On the other hand, when I lose a game or have bad stats, the recruits' interests either stay the same or downgrade.

Or... is it just me?

Also, how many minutes per recruit are too few?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #35
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i disagree with the "only have 10-15" recruits on your board idea. its better to have your board full even if you cant call everyone. realistically i call 16 recruits a week, however my board is full because even if i dont call the recruits, they can still gain interest in my school for being on my board as well as how well my program is doing in the current season. meaning i can readjust my board and move recruits up and down as i see fit.

depending on the quality of the program i start off with. i almost always pull a top 5 recruiting class. some programs take a couple years for me to get them there, but i still get solid results.

preseason: i go through every single position and put anyone on my board i want regardless if they want to come to my school or not. i fill my entire board and then move players around based on star caliber and what my needs are. if i have anyone interested in my program, they are bumped to the very top regardless of need or caliber.

weeks 1 - 3 : i call my 16 per week. each week if someone gains interest in my program, then they get bumped up. anyone i feel i cant get gets removed. anyone who isnt being actively recruited and not interested stays on the board.

weeks 4 - 7 : by this time i have weeded out my entire pre season selection and have recruits i will get regardless, these are the guys i felt i absolutely needed in the pre season so they are in my eyes the cream of the crop. the middle weeks are finding recruit who like me but arent being recruited heavily and have decent caliber, 3 - 4* but also depends heavily on the program im building.

these are the guys i felt like i could get regardless, they are just being recruited mostly for depth, however sometimes i couldnt fill the depth in the pre season stock. at this point my top recruits are being finalized, and i am adjusting the board, moving new recruits up and old ones down.

weeks 8 + : if im a power house school then at this point im simply just stealing 3 and 4* recruits from lesser program simply because i can. these guys also will just be there to build depth usually. this step usually goes through post season recruiting, however when the new recruits show up, then they get added and moved up, etc, etc.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 08-08-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 03:58 AM   #36
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

+ I search for people who fit my style first. I like to play a spread offense and want a scrambling QBs, speedy HBs, a plethora of WRs and pass blocking OL. I compare the ratings and look for diamonds in the rough. I'll gladly take a 2* HB with outstanding speed/acceleration over a mediocre 3-4*.

+ I don't shy away from players who don't fit the system/mold I'm looking for. I use formation subs installing bruising HB and/or road grating linemen on my goal line and I-form/One Back sets. However I recruit them at a much smaller rate than people that do fit the system I'm working with.

+ I run with like 20 or so people on my list at one time, in order by interest level and then by what I need most. The bottom tier are lower people who I'm just trying to gain pipeline status or just need to fill out backup roles.

+ I pitch more time to bigger needs/recruits and spend little time on the small guys, but people hardly ever go uncontacted in a week.

+ I track my progression/regression in excel and alter my times accordingly. If I can keep gaining points with 10 minutes, there's no use for me to spend any more on them. If I begin losing traction, I know then to up my recruiting and eventually when to cut my ties with the recruit.

+ I try to stay inside my pipelines, other than going after some new pipelines with weaker recruits. Grabbing a few low end guys in a state to create a pipeline allows me to get better recruits from that state to replace them with the next season(s).

+ Using recruit adviser, if I get x2 weeks, they automatically get 60 minutes. Nothing like throwing up 300-700 points in one week. You can really leapfrog some teams and steal a big time recruit.

+ If I'm #1 I always toss out a scholarship offer right off the bat. Landing a guy with 10 minutes spent overall is so nice. Usually guys who have you 100+ points over the #2 spot are easily landed with just 10 minutes.

+ I cut my ties with guys who I have no/limited shot of getting as soon as I identify the situation as such. When using lower schools, there's no way I can compete with the bigger schools and I avoid it at all costs.

+ I look for guys in weeks 6 and on that are inside my pipeline states and aren't actively being recruited by anybody. I've landed some of my best recruits in this way. First year at Akron I landed a 3* QB by sneaking in on him around week 7, by week 9 I landed a commit from him.

Basically everything I do most others do too. Seems like we've all stumbled upon the basis for successful recruiting.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #37
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I no longer recruit ATHs. I hate them. Last offseason, I landed 4 4* ATHs and while 1 of them is my starting WR (due to a SR graduating), they are so hit & miss. He's speedy but drops a ton of balls. He came in as a 74 JUCO.

Some of them you can "hide" as a Safety but the majority of time, I can't stand these guys.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I no longer recruit ATHs. I hate them. Last offseason, I landed 4 4* ATHs and while 1 of them is my starting WR (due to a SR graduating), they are so hit & miss. He's speedy but drops a ton of balls. He came in as a 74 JUCO.

Some of them you can "hide" as a Safety but the majority of time, I can't stand these guys.
I avoid Athletes too. Most of them only play WR and DB, and If I want one of those I can recruit one with better offensive or defensive ratings but less speed.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

So, i have a question...recruiting wise. Im in an OD and we are on about week 6. I found this little 2* cb with ridiculous attributes, a real diamond in the rough guy, but im not in his top 10 (which he is still on). Now the #1, #4,#5 schools are all users and they havent noticed him yet. So im wondering if im going to be able to get him even being outside his top 10? Thanks alot.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #40
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverDevil45
So, i have a question...recruiting wise. Im in an OD and we are on about week 6. I found this little 2* cb with ridiculous attributes, a real diamond in the rough guy, but im not in his top 10 (which he is still on). Now the #1, #4,#5 schools are all users and they havent noticed him yet. So im wondering if im going to be able to get him even being outside his top 10? Thanks alot.
If you spend 40+ minutes you will most likely have a real good shot, I usually sign anywhere between 2-8 players where I wasn't even on their top 10 list of schools to begin with. I actually start to look for recruits who are still in their Top 10 or Top 8 stage around week 10, just to see if I can get some easy talent. I feel like if I go after 10 of these guys and only get 1 or 2, its still worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »