Home

Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

This is a discussion on Ran into my first nano blitzer last night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
Crap like this is why I don't play online. Cheese is meant to be eaten, not played with.
That is freakin' funny.

Maybe try some of the plays where the wr starts to fade or slant to the outside before heading up field on a streak?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Surely if he audibles to the 4-4 then he can't have a defender opposite every WR in 5 wides? I'm not familiar with the specific play so I'm probably missing something.
Its a zero blitz where there are 6 rushers with an unblocked DT, so yes he also has 5 in coverage, who are personnel-matched, pressed, and pass committed every play with no time to beat them over the top.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #19
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm still not seeing how your slot receivers are getting jammed.

They're off the line and the "jam" technique adjustment only jams the outside receivers (or those on the line).

That's not to say that a slot receiver can't get jammed or re-routed, but there's no way you can't find a play to work against this.

Why don't you do exactly what he does to you and then see if he's able to beat it.

Everyone has given a lot of good options and I know some of them will work part of the time. If not, then you've found the greatest defensive play in the history of video games.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

They're off the line and the "jam" technique adjustment only jams the outside receivers (or those on the line).

That's not to say that a slot receiver can't get jammed or re-routed, but there's no way you can't find a play to work against this.

Why don't you do exactly what he does to you and then see if he's able to beat it.

Everyone has given a lot of good options and I know some of them will work part of the time. If not, then you've found the greatest defensive play in the history of video games.
Coupled with the fact there are super LBs and that setting your defense assignments to aggressive intensifies all this makes even more of a pain. I knew it would be a matter of time before people started hating to lose and sit in practice mode or online unranked matches to discover this crap.

I had a guy do something similar but he never audibled, he just ran it out of the same formation every down and the OLB or MLB would come thru everytime even after making contact with a blocker and tackle you for a loss or a gain of 1 on runs.

When it was time to pass, my guys would be open doing drags over the middle and he would stop and turn on a dime and make the hit and my WR would either drop the pass after it was a successful catch, or not catch it at all and it gets picked by a morphing safety.

Without some way of outting these guys who play like this even with video evidence from matchup screen to finish, nothing will ever be done, and once again and great online game is ruined within a couple days to weeks. In this case a clear week already.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #21
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Use a power run formation and run to the edge. I had someone do this. I-Form tackle over Power O fixed that and Demps is wayyyyyyyy faster than Saine. Also Spread Flex Slants and throw to the HB. Then see if the game cheats and always let's them off their block.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

I hear what you're saying and slot receivers should not be getting jammed but they are. And yeah, I tried all of those options when I played the guy and they worked sporadically, but never consistently enough to get him out of this, and going to a 5-man protection was just a disaster waiting to happen even trying to hit the 5th guy on a slant.

Do me a favor and go into practice mode with Florida against Florida state and pick that play. Even without the personnel matching and the jam on the receivers this guy was doing you'll get an idea of how quickly and consistently the rush gets through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Use a power run formation and run to the edge. I had someone do this. I-Form tackle over Power O fixed that and Demps is wayyyyyyyy faster than Saine. Also Spread Flex Slants and throw to the HB. Then see if the game cheats and always let's them off their block.
Oh believe me I tried power O out of several formations and couldn't consistently get solid yardage. Generally I'd get a yard or two or nothing. It's hard to run successfully when they have someone unblocked into the backfield every time. Add that to the fact that their safety was hanging with Demps all the way to the edge when I try to take it outside, and that they have an OLB who comes off his block waaay too quickly. I actually had Demps caught from behind a couple times yesterday in a different game. Yeah, I know, it blew me away too.

Throwing to the HB took too much time to develop out of the backfield and if I moved him to the line, the safety would be stuck to him or I'd have someone in the backfield causing an erratic throw from Brantley just about every time.

Last edited by helix139; 07-18-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

i ran into a guy like this and most of these thing works....dont know why you cant light that guy up.....very easy .....football 101 easy
Old 07-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #24
Banned

Once-FutureKing's Arena

You had the right solutions, but your FL team wasn't built to implement the gameplan. You needed balanced WRs and a power run game for his scheme instead those speed merchants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »