Home

Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

This is a discussion on Ran into my first nano blitzer last night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

Yep, that's right. Sadly, it's not hard to do and after the game I was able to easily duplicate in practice mode because it's just audibling into a REGULAR PLAY.

Was playing online Florida against a guy playing FSU last night and every play, the dude would match me personnel-wise (4-3 against 21 or 12 personnel, nickel, dime, or quarter against 10, 01, or empty), then audible into a 4-4 LB-fire and control the LOLB. Every single time, someone (usually the nose tackle after your center ignores him to go whiff on the blitzing LILB) comes through unblocked unless you slide protection right, in which case he blitzes off the edge manually with the LOLB completely unblocked to hit you before you complete your drop, and yes I tried using 6 and even 7-man protection against this. unblocked DT problem is still there unless protection is slid right exposing your from the left.

Normally, one would think to answer this with a liberal dose of quick slants and 4-verticals out of trips. Well, it's a great idea in theory until he institutes unbeatable press coverage on all of your receivers.

So just a heads up. Watch out for this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139
Yep, that's right. Sadly, it's not hard to do and after the game I was able to easily duplicate in practice mode because it's just audibling into a REGULAR PLAY.

Was playing online Florida against a guy playing FSU last night and every play, the dude would match me personnel-wise (4-3 against 21 or 12 personnel, nickel, dime, or quarter against 10, 01, or empty), then audible into a 4-4 LB-fire and control the LOLB. Every single time, someone (usually the nose tackle after your center ignores him to go whiff on the blitzing LILB) comes through unblocked unless you slide protection right, in which case he blitzes off the edge manually with the LOLB completely unblocked to hit you before you complete your drop, and yes I tried using 6 and even 7-man protection against this. unblocked DT problem is still there unless protection is slid right exposing your from the left.

Normally, one would think to answer this with a liberal dose of quick slants and 4-verticals out of trips. Well, it's a great idea in theory until he institutes unbeatable press coverage on all of your receivers.

So just a heads up. Watch out for this one.

Go Shotgun - 4 or 5 wide. All verticals and hit the quick seam. Give him a taste of his own medicine.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Go Shotgun - 4 or 5 wide. All verticals and hit the quick seam. Give him a taste of his own medicine.
Tried it. Like I said, unbeatable press coverage, and scrambling really screws up your accuracy. Sacked before my receivers can get off the line as you then run into the fundamental problem of him being able to rush one more than you can block even if you slide protection to the right and he's pass committing every time since he doesn't have to worry about the rush beating him. I had occasional success with the tight end and demps on wheels out of the backfield but more often than not didn't have time to get an accurate pass off even out of shotgun or he'd manually spy Demps.

It also really irked me that even when I would buy enough time and my outside receivers could get off the press and get downfield, his DBs recover and would be with them step for step even on go routes and even though my receivers have higher speed ratings (Rainey and Deonte Thompson are both 95+ speed).
Old 07-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

tikyle's Arena

OVR: 2

OP,

I understand your pain b/c UF has no WR who can get off the press and FSU has a nasty D. The only suggestion I would have is to run Demps where the blitz isn't going. Because if he gets through the first line with him being in a 4-4 its almost an automatic TD. Other than that and passes to the HB I don't know what you could've done. It was a mixture of the nano-blitz and matchup problems.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

How bout shallow crosses & meshes? Lob it as soon as they get off their jams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did you try running the ball?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Does putting a WR in motion help him avoid the bump? For instance the mesh plays where the WR uses short auto motion.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139
Tried it. Like I said, unbeatable press coverage, and scrambling really screws up your accuracy. Sacked before my receivers can get off the line as you then run into the fundamental problem of him being able to rush one more than you can block even if you slide protection to the right and he's pass committing every time since he doesn't have to worry about the rush beating him. I had occasional success with the tight end and demps on wheels out of the backfield but more often than not didn't have time to get an accurate pass off even out of shotgun or he'd manually spy Demps.

It also really irked me that even when I would buy enough time and my outside receivers could get off the press and get downfield, his DBs recover and would be with them step for step even on go routes and even though my receivers have higher speed ratings (Rainey and Deonte Thompson are both 95+ speed).

If he's going to a 4-4 and blitzing then you should have mismatches all over the board when you're 5 wide.

Some things you can do.

- Add an audible for a jailbreak screen to one of your WR's or just keep calling that play.
- If he's jamming all your receivers, put one of them in motion (preferrably your best matchup [WR on LB].
- Utilize a TE or a slot receiver just off the OT. Hit the receiver with a quick pop pass.

The best thing to do when someone blitzes is to replace the blitzer with a receiver. If he's bringing the OLB every play, then throw to that spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »