Home

Wierd hires

This is a discussion on Wierd hires within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wierd hires

Has anyone else noticed some strange hiring practices by the CPU? Mainly stuff like random OC and DCs from middle of the pack mid-major conferences being hired to BCS conferences. For example this year in my dynasty Ole Miss hires UAB's OC to be their HC. Why? UAB was like 4-8. This wouldn't happen in the real world. BSC schools should realistically be targeting good mid-major HCs or good OCs and DCs from other BCS schools, but it feels like they always hire OCs and DCs from mid major schools (which almost never happens in real life, why would it?) and that HCs move up. UCF's HC has gone 35-7 in his first three years and I don't recall ever see him being targeted by schools in the SEC and ACC or anything. Any one else notice this kind of stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Wierd hires

When Steve Spurrier retired USC didn't hire Jr lol. I thought that was pretty funny.
GO BLUE!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Turner Gill says hello. Average non-BCS coach getting hired by a BCS school. It does happen. He even went 5-7 the year before they hired him.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Turner Gill says hello. Average non-BCS coach getting hired by a BCS school. It does happen. He even went 5-7 the year before they hired him.
Well, everybody was all hot for him after he had the one winning season at Buffalo. And also, it was Kansas.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Well, everybody was all hot for him after he had the one winning season at Buffalo. And also, it was Kansas.
Didn't Auburn almost hire him or
Something like that?

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew17
Has anyone else noticed some strange hiring practices by the CPU? Mainly stuff like random OC and DCs from middle of the pack mid-major conferences being hired to BCS conferences. For example this year in my dynasty Ole Miss hires UAB's OC to be their HC. Why? UAB was like 4-8. This wouldn't happen in the real world. BSC schools should realistically be targeting good mid-major HCs or good OCs and DCs from other BCS schools, but it feels like they always hire OCs and DCs from mid major schools (which almost never happens in real life, why would it?) and that HCs move up. UCF's HC has gone 35-7 in his first three years and I don't recall ever see him being targeted by schools in the SEC and ACC or anything. Any one else notice this kind of stuff?
UCF's HC(George O'Leary) doesnt get hired in my Dynasty probably because hes 64. In reality if UCF did go like 11-1 this season, I doubt teams would be lining up to hire him so it doesnt really bother me in game.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #7
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

There is a glitch in the coaching system in which coaches jump up to high caliber coaches way to fast. It's been mentioned in another thread. The problem is that coaches digress very slowly if at all and D,C,B coaches become A way to easy.

By year 3-4 of every dynasty, almost every head coach in the nation is an A or B which obviously, isn't correct.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
Rookie

slingstone's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by admijosco
When Steve Spurrier retired USC didn't hire Jr lol. I thought that was pretty funny.
What are you talking about? Spurrier is still the head coach at Carolina, and Jr. is an assistant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »