Home

Ask coach doesn't use all custom plays

This is a discussion on Ask coach doesn't use all custom plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Ask coach doesn't use all custom plays

Played so Many games now w custom o and d PB. defense is acceptable variety. Offense is the same 10 plays over n over! I have so Many different plays n they never come up. Ask coach Is part of my house rules. This needs to be addressed by ea

Anyone else realize this? Any idea on how to make ask
Coach call different Plays?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ask coach doesn't use all custom plays

I haven't got around to the Custom play book feature but have noticed this when switching back and forth between playcalling menus (Ask Coack, Pick Formation, Pick Play Style).

Under Ask Coach, I'll select the Double ISO out of the Wishbone or the Power O out of the Maryland I on short yardage if I see it. Also you can get those plays through the Pick Play Style menu... however you won't find the Maryland I or the Wishbone in my playbook.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I've definitely noticed this. They seem to use the same play in different formations. For instance, in the Alabama playbook there are about six or seven different variations of the Power O play, with motions and what have you. Two-thirds of the time this play is in the first set of plays in Ask Coach.

I think I'm going to have to start calling my own plays again. I always liked Ask Coach feature because I thought it was helping me pick and master different plays. However, it's just as bad as I am...lol
Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I've definitely noticed this. They seem to use the same play in different formations. For instance, in the Alabama playbook there are about six or seven different variations of the Power O play, with motions and what have you. Two-thirds of the time this play is in the first set of plays in Ask Coach.

I think I'm going to have to start calling my own plays again. I always liked Ask Coach feature because I thought it was helping me pick and master different plays. However, it's just as bad as I am...lol
I agree. There are not a wide variety of plays that come up with ask coach. Very repetitive suggestions.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

I noticed this most on defense, when every time against 4 and 5 wide sets the only thing it would suggest was 4-1-6 dime, even though I have lots of nickle packages that would also be appropriate in those situations. If it's not going to utilize the whole playbook, what's the point?

Back to manual playcalling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont think custom playbooks factors in the issue... I use default playbooks and ask coach is always the same plays over and over again.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I play with this house rule as well. Itīs a must for me to enojy the game.

And the bad thing is that this was always the case. Ask Coach use mostly the same 10 or so plays.. and not the entire playbook. i guess EA didnīt have enough to program the Ask coach logic to calculate with play to call.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardmoment
I dont think custom playbooks factors in the issue... I use default playbooks and ask coach is always the same plays over and over again.
A great offense is one that can make the same 5-10 plays work all day. Why does everyone think you have to call 100 different plays a game to be good? Sure, it is nice to have variety, but why change what works? I haven't done enough with ask coach, which oddly enough, I only use in coach mode, but I remember an ok variety, granted, I was losing so I would hope I would be seeing more plays. If you are winning... again, why change what works?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »