Home

Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

This is a discussion on Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 01:35 AM   #49
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by HkEmTruBlu31
I just started having the issue today. PS3. I Press Start and go to please wait screen. It says loading at the bottom with the icon swirling so its not frozen. Quit the game and tried again. Same thing. I have downloaded 13 team builder schools that I made when i first got the game, the gamingtailgate roster which i renamed ONLINE before i saved it a few days ago, and just last night I downloaded Buckeye and Gators V1 rosters and left the name the same. I checked them out and turned the system off for the night. I just deleted those and got on just fine. I just downloaded them again, left the name the same, and turned the system off. Turned the system back on & loaded the game up and it froze. Quit the game and deleted the B&G roster and the game loaded just fine. Reloaded B&Gs roster and renamed it GBV1 this time before saving. Quit the game and reloaded it and it froze again. Quit the game and deleted the gamingtailgate roster that i had renamed ONLINE before saving it and the game loaded just fine. So with me it appears that you can only have one roster save file at a time. If you want me to test anything else just let me know. Im currently unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands lol

EDIT - PSN is HkEmTruBlu If it would be easier to talk via email, texting, or phone I can give you those also in a pm.
Prime - I believe the above is the problem right now. Maybe not the root problem of course but this worked for me as well. I couldn't take the freeze any longer and the low impact wasn't working either (It would freeze while loading a game up if I was able to get pass the start screen).

Anyway, I deleted all of my rosters except for the one I am currently using. Deleted Fairdale Kings and Pastapadre and the game is now working fine. No freezing (knock on wood!!) at all right now. I played a dynasty game, reset the game played another and still no freezing. It does seem to be a problem with multiple rosters..at least it seems.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:38 AM   #50
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
I was playing an Online Game and my opponent quit, the game tried to autosave but couldn't so I re-booted my 360 and I got this freeze
That is how mine started as well. If you have multiple rosters I suggest just trying to delete them and only keep the one you are using. It seems to have worked for a few people including myself.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:58 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

I haven't had it freeze at the start-up screen yet, but have had it freeze a few times after completing an online dynasty game, right after exiting the game, when it tries to connect to the server to update the dynasty, and I have to dashboard to get back out...which means replaying the same dynasty game over and it showing up as me having 2 restarts on that game. I'm on 360, have 2 roster files(Fairdale Kings & CcAaRrSsOoNn3). If you need any more info from me on it, PM me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #52
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HkEmTruBlu31
LOL, thats what Ive been saying in my two previous post in this thread. If you only keep one roster file, doesnt matter at all which one, it will not lock up at the PLEASE WAIT screen. lol
I don't think the number of roster files has anything to do with the crash. It's more likely what Bucknut17 explained (really well) about how whatever random roster file you are using gets corrupted somehow, and then the corrupted roster file gets autosaved to your storage device. I've been able to verify that a corrupted roster file reproduces the exact crash people are seeing, so I'm about 85% sure that's what the issue is.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 6

I've had two crashes during dynasty games. Both happened in the fourth quarter when I was on defense and immediately after a pass was swatted. The game froze each time and my controller was stuck in the "rumble" mode.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

im having a weird issue now with roster files, that i think is also affecting this. I got the crash and did the low impact option you have on the first page. After going to the main screen I load my updated roster files that have been set up through community rosters, but now what i get is my roster files edited, but player names are default(wr #8, qb # 12) style. i know they are edited because you have t. pryor on the game, and on my roster that i have loaded he is not on their..its the edited rosters without names. It seems this issue is corrupting current saved roster files as well
Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #55
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

I still need more help!!! I've had 3 people volunteer to help so far, but I still need more. So if you're still getting this crash and would like to help me find a fix for it for the entire community, this is what you need to do:

1. Contact me either by replying to this thread or by sending me a private message (PM).
2. Use method C (LOW IMPACT) above to avoid the crash while waiting for me to get in contact with you. DO NOT DELETE ANY SAVE FILES! You won't be able to help if you delete any save files before I get in contact with you.
3. I will contact you. I will initially reply to you in the method you replied to me (in the thread or by PM). We will then work together to find a fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #56
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

Guys if you still have this issue and havent deleted your files it is well worth it to help out, it doesnt take long to isolate the problem and get them the file so they can examine it and find the problem and figure out a long term/permanent solution for this issue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »