Home

Anyone seen the Diving Catches??

This is a discussion on Anyone seen the Diving Catches?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
Rookie

cjg225's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone seen the Diving Catches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_law23
I haven't. In fact as often as Scheelhause overthrows in my dynasty I would really appreciate some dive attempts.
I know! That's what really bugs me. Receivers just don't try to get to passes nearly as hard as DBs do.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #10
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I only saw 1 diving catch in my time with the game. However, I was relieved that it didn't happen too often. I was so afraid when they first showcased diving catches that they were going to happen all the time. I really didn't want to see 5-6 spectacular diving catches a game.

I was surprised that I never saw a "stretch" catch though. Those ones where the receiver doesn't leave his feet, but has to stretch out to catch the ball and looses his balance immediately afterward. Now this is something that happens quite often in football.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg225
I know! That's what really bugs me. Receivers just don't try to get to passes nearly as hard as DBs do.

I agree. I think that receivers are broken. They are so insanely passive while the safeties destroy them time and time again. I've hit guys in the head maybe five times where they don't even attempt to catch it. Not to mention the large amount of times that the defender jars the ball loose on contact.

But back on topic I hate getting behind the defender only for my qb to overthrow by about 3 yards with no dive attempts

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I was surprised that I never saw a "stretch" catch though. Those ones where the receiver doesn't leave his feet, but has to stretch out to catch the ball and looses his balance immediately afterward. Now this is something that happens quite often in football.
yea i dont want it to happen all the time either and im more looking for the "stretch out" catches to happen more than anything. like u said they happen all the time IRL but i havent seen any new ones. the only one ive seen twice is the overhead one where u throw a deep ball on a streak and they stretch their arms out and then fall over on one foot and roll forward...but that is the same one that was in '11.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Only one, and my receiver was out of bounds smh
Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 20

Not a one.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

http://www.youtube.com/MrOperationSp...45/tY9SAA48U44
starting at :42-:58

and

http://www.youtube.com/MrOperationSp...31/jzXFpHeoKEQ

love the one at :35

...these are the ones im talking about. never seen one of these. the only one ive seen is from ncaa11 that i just described in my last post. all of the examples in the vid are the ones that sail right past my wr's without even an attempt. im playing with a variation of teams in play now games
----------------------
Madden Since '92

Last edited by MMurda; 07-20-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #16
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i have not seen any either, i thought maybe it was because i try to always switch and user catch i may have been messing it up. when i do attempt to catch or dive half the time i end up with alligator arms or the ball hits my WR in the side of the head and he does nothing. hopefully this is something that can be patched, it almost feels like a delay in the button pathing.

Last edited by falconfansince81; 07-20-2011 at 12:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »