Home

What does Legacy issues mean???

This is a discussion on What does Legacy issues mean??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
What does Legacy issues mean???

I keep reading a bunch of threads about NCAA 12 and Madden 12 and clearing up legacy issues and all of this.. What does it mean?? and why do they call it legacy.. Is it something with the game engine.. thanks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: What does Legacy issues mean???

AFAIK, "legacy issues" are what happen when you make the same game every year. So, "correcting legacy issues" would imply bringing lots of new stuff to the table.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotaviking
I keep reading a bunch of threads about NCAA 12 and Madden 12 and clearing up legacy issues and all of this.. What does it mean?? and why do they call it legacy.. Is it something with the game engine.. thanks..
Legacy issues are issues that came over from past games that were problematic and have not yet been addressed. Or in other words, problems in the game that have been there for several years.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
AFAIK, "legacy issues" are what happen when you make the same game every year. So, "correcting legacy issues" would imply bringing lots of new stuff to the table.
Has nothing to do with adding new things. It has to do with fixing old problems. You could add a dozen new things, but if there is some glitch that has been in every version of the game, that is a legacy issue.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Legacy issues are issues stemming from code written in previous versions. It doesn't necessarily have to be bugs that have existed for a while. It could be that a change in newer code doesn't work in every case with the legacy code and is now causing a new bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

they they only use this term for sports games??
Old 07-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I know for myself, and I would suspect a lot of long time fanatics of any sports series, Legacy issues are the things that upset us the most. Coaching Carousel is new this year, so while you would hope that they would have it very strong out of the gate, any reasonable person knows that there is going to be some flaws with a new mode.

When things like CPU depth chart management, poor edge rushing by DE's, lack of dynamic play on special teams, practically non existent pass interference calls, etc. go unfixed for 4, 5, 6, 7 years they get put into the Legacy issue category. One begins to think that these things are such a low priority for the development team that they may never get fixed. That is disheartening.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

No not necessarily. It can be used in other areas like legacy products or legacy features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »