Home

Just Played the Most Ridiculous Game Ever!

This is a discussion on Just Played the Most Ridiculous Game Ever! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just Played the Most Ridiculous Game Ever!

Ok in my online dynasty I was Iowa playing Pittsburgh. I get up on them early but after the 3rd quarter it was 17 to 7 me. Then craziness happens. All of a sudden everyone of my d-linemen were gettin pancaked and finally they ran a long TD. Then when I get the ball back on 3rd and long I throw a post. Not a slant, a post and the linebacker jumps up ten yards and gets an INT.

They kicked a field goal. Then I had a long run for a TD called back on holding. So I had to punt and they went down and scored. Then with 30 seconds left I scored. So they have the ball with 30 seconds left.

First play is a ten yard pass. Now with ten seconds left they throw a bomb on my prevent defense and somehow the receiver gets behind the DB's. He catches it and one of my guys from the side comes and hits him in the animation where the defender is standing up the runner while the runner is still trying to run.

It gets in this animation and with one second left the CPU calls a timeout while i'm still holding the runner up. The clock is stopped and them I take him to the ground. They then kicked a field goal to win. (BTW I had 8 penalties and they had 0)

So has anyone else experienced the CPU cheating like your not suppose to win a game? This was just ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Just Played the Most Ridiculous Game Ever!

I created me in the Road to Glory. After my gruiling undefeated high school season with a North Carolina State Championship under my belt, I was a 5* QB recruit (#42 overall on the ESPNU 150). I was drafted by USC, Ohio State, FSU, etc, etc, etc. I was completely sold on taking a big name school when another offer caught my eye: Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Could I? Should I? After all, my hometown is only 20 minutes from campus. Maybe that's why they offered? I decided my fate. I'm going to start something big at Wake Forest.

First season was rough. I went 8-5 with a Music City Bowl win over a 7-5 Florida team. Not bad, but at the end of the season, I noticed something. Aside from one blowout loss, all of my losses were damn close. Was this a sign of things to come? My sophomore season started with a 66-7 romp of an FCS school. I started to wonder. A quick look at my schedule would show only two matchups I should have issues with. My schedule was made for a small run. Hmmm. Sure enough, I am sitting 12-0 heading to the ACC Championship Game to face 11-1 Virginia Tech. I am ranked third in the nation at this point. Only one more rankings will come out before they announce the National Championship Game. Above me is #1 Auburn who has to play Georgia in the SEC Championship Game. Sitting at #2 is Iowa who needs to play Wisconsin in the newly formed Big X Championship Game. I would need one of them to lose to play in the National Championship Game or it would be Orange Bowl bound for me, against West Virginia, nonetheless. Sure enough, Iowa chokes against Wisconsin and I am heading to the NC game.

Championship Game: Auburn vs Wake Forest.
Auburn is up by 14 at the start of the fourth quarter. I quickly score with just under 5 minutes to play. I stop Auburn on 3rd and long and with 3:30 to play, I scored again to tie the game up. Once again, I quickly stop Auburn on 3 and out and on my next possession, throw an 80 yard bomb down field for a touchdown with 2:17 to play and now I'm up by 7. Auburn proceeds to mark down field and tie the game up with just under 40 seconds. Coach wants to run the clock out and take this into overtime. Blasphemy. I suggest plays to coach and mark us down field. With :25 seconds left, I throw a 31 yard touchdown pass to go up by 7! Wake Forest… National Champions!!! [whistles] Not so fast, my friend. Auburn is not done. With 8 seconds left, Auburn throws a 72 yard touchdown pass to tie the game up. We’re going into overtime. Wake Forest wins the coin toss and elects to go on defense. Auburn wastes no time showing me that I’m going to need a touchdown. On my overtime possession, I am sacked twice on my way to a 4th and 24. Do I have one more ‘Cinderella story’ left? Nope. Sacked again. Ball game.

I'm currently 5-0 in my junior year and on the Heisman watch list.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey323
Ok in my online dynasty I was Iowa playing Pittsburgh. I get up on them early but after the 3rd quarter it was 17 to 7 me. Then craziness happens. All of a sudden everyone of my d-linemen were gettin pancaked and finally they ran a long TD. Then when I get the ball back on 3rd and long I throw a post. Not a slant, a post and the linebacker jumps up ten yards and gets an INT.

They kicked a field goal. Then I had a long run for a TD called back on holding. So I had to punt and they went down and scored. Then with 30 seconds left I scored. So they have the ball with 30 seconds left.

First play is a ten yard pass. Now with ten seconds left they throw a bomb on my prevent defense and somehow the receiver gets behind the DB's. He catches it and one of my guys from the side comes and hits him in the animation where the defender is standing up the runner while the runner is still trying to run.

It gets in this animation and with one second left the CPU calls a timeout while i'm still holding the runner up. The clock is stopped and them I take him to the ground. They then kicked a field goal to win. (BTW I had 8 penalties and they had 0)

So has anyone else experienced the CPU cheating like your not suppose to win a game? This was just ridiculous.
Was this on Heisman?
https://youtube.com/@GamingEntertain...m6O_Ib1XywTMwF
---------------------------------------------

Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
Was this on Heisman?

Nope, All American
Old 07-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3

Ohhhhh yeah, this has happened to me plenty of times. I was up 31-7 on Illinois in the third and then my players and blocking just went down the drain. WR's were having balls bounce of their heads and my safeties weren't even a factor. They came back to win 34-31 with a last second field goal. It was the most frustrating experience in my NCAA career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

The game has an NBA Jam catch-up feel to it at times.

Not very often, but the CPU will pull off the most improbable play at the most fortunate time.

Take note, holding is always called on me when I hit the 1st down line.. never before, never after. It's instant.

That's games though I guess, gotta accept the mix of real vs. computer programming.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
I created me in the Road to Glory. After my gruiling undefeated high school season with a North Carolina State Championship under my belt, I was a 5* QB recruit (#42 overall on the ESPNU 150). I was drafted by USC, Ohio State, FSU, etc, etc, etc. I was completely sold on taking a big name school when another offer caught my eye: Wake Forest Demon Deacons. Could I? Should I? After all, my hometown is only 20 minutes from campus. Maybe that's why they offered? I decided my fate. I'm going to start something big at Wake Forest.

First season was rough. I went 8-5 with a Music City Bowl win over a 7-5 Florida team. Not bad, but at the end of the season, I noticed something. Aside from one blowout loss, all of my losses were damn close. Was this a sign of things to come? My sophomore season started with a 66-7 romp of an FCS school. I started to wonder. A quick look at my schedule would show only two matchups I should have issues with. My schedule was made for a small run. Hmmm. Sure enough, I am sitting 12-0 heading to the ACC Championship Game to face 11-1 Virginia Tech. I am ranked third in the nation at this point. Only one more rankings will come out before they announce the National Championship Game. Above me is #1 Auburn who has to play Georgia in the SEC Championship Game. Sitting at #2 is Iowa who needs to play Wisconsin in the newly formed Big X Championship Game. I would need one of them to lose to play in the National Championship Game or it would be Orange Bowl bound for me, against West Virginia, nonetheless. Sure enough, Iowa chokes against Wisconsin and I am heading to the NC game.

Championship Game: Auburn vs Wake Forest.
Auburn is up by 14 at the start of the fourth quarter. I quickly score with just under 5 minutes to play. I stop Auburn on 3rd and long and with 3:30 to play, I scored again to tie the game up. Once again, I quickly stop Auburn on 3 and out and on my next possession, throw an 80 yard bomb down field for a touchdown with 2:17 to play and now I'm up by 7. Auburn proceeds to mark down field and tie the game up with just under 40 seconds. Coach wants to run the clock out and take this into overtime. Blasphemy. I suggest plays to coach and mark us down field. With :25 seconds left, I throw a 31 yard touchdown pass to go up by 7! Wake Forest… National Champions!!! [whistles] Not so fast, my friend. Auburn is not done. With 8 seconds left, Auburn throws a 72 yard touchdown pass to tie the game up. We’re going into overtime. Wake Forest wins the coin toss and elects to go on defense. Auburn wastes no time showing me that I’m going to need a touchdown. On my overtime possession, I am sacked twice on my way to a 4th and 24. Do I have one more ‘Cinderella story’ left? Nope. Sacked again. Ball game.

I'm currently 5-0 in my junior year and on the Heisman watch list.
AWesome read man. LOved that you went to a smaller school to build them up. Post what happens next in the dynasty thread. SUcks about the CPU comeback tho.
NCAA - Ohio State - NC State
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #8
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The game has an NBA Jam catch-up feel to it at times.

Not very often, but the CPU will pull off the most improbable play at the most fortunate time.

Take note, holding is always called on me when I hit the 1st down line.. never before, never after. It's instant.

That's games though I guess, gotta accept the mix of real vs. computer programming.
I thought it was just realistically simulating the Big East officiating!

Seriously though, I played WVU last night, was up 24-10 at the half. They went up 34 to 31 with less than a minute left. I then scored on a crazy play going up 38 to 34. THEN with 15 seconds left I give up the only Kick Return I've given up on this version of the game. I had a long bomb to nearly score as time expire, wouldn't have mattered though because there was a holding call.

Worst part about it is that is ended up being my #1 game, so now I'm stuck with a loss there. Doh!

I also played Pitt yesterday, and I beat them 52 to 21, but I gave up 517 passing yards! Today I beat UConn so badly, even after the Pitt performance, my passing D jumped up to like Top20 in the nation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »