Home

Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatness?

This is a discussion on Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatness? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #17
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo's corked Bat
Turned my Bearcats into a powerhouse and haven't lost a game in 7 years playing on All American. Just when i think I'll let the CPU win one to be realistic, I own the D to the point of not wanting to lose. (playing on AA, with my run D turned down)
You have played 7 seasons already? damn man you really love this game

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 07-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #18
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Do you accept job offers in cc or do you prefer to build up bad program to greatn

I can never bring myself to leave a team after spending a full season or more recruiting for them. It gets to a point, even if it's one year, where I just feel like those are my guys.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #19
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

OVR: 2

You guys who play as Coordinators at these 1-star schools have way more patience than me. With crappy schools like that, I have to play HC... otherwise my CPU lead Defense would lose everygame for me.

And as for the drops... holy crap its ridiculous. I'm winning games, but my completion percentage is like 40%. And not having any WRs with speed over 85 is killing me! Play Action can only get you so far...

As for the question... I'd rather stay and build a powerhouse. Makes sitting through the frustrations of a 1-star program more worthwhile.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I honestly planned on staying with Memphis and trying to build them up, but the Illinois job came to me and with it being my home state, I just felt like it was fate haha
Old 07-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #21
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I see two different ways to do it.

1. Work my way up the ranks as a coordinator as quickly as I can much like real life. This is what I'm currently doing. I'm not going to take a head coaching job until an opening arrives with a 5* or 6* program.

2. Take a head coaching position at a low tier program and build them up. Once they have been established, then move on to the next challenge. Do this until I've reached the pinnacle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

In our last two OD's i have built Duke and Clemson into national powerhouses. I thought that since you couldn't really move around as a coach the point was to build teams up. This year I am going to be switching coaching jobs quite often very excited for the carousel to start!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #23
Rookie

mkita24's Arena

As a coordinator starting at 1 star school, I'll take the first available job as long as its even a small upgrade.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I see two different ways to do it.

1. Work my way up the ranks as a coordinator as quickly as I can much like real life. This is what I'm currently doing. I'm not going to take a head coaching job until an opening arrives with a 5* or 6* program.

2. Take a head coaching position at a low tier program and build them up. Once they have been established, then move on to the next challenge. Do this until I've reached the pinnacle.
THis for me as well.
NCAA - Ohio State - NC State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »