Home

Ask Coach...Do you

This is a discussion on Ask Coach...Do you within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Ask Coach...Do you

I will use it for when its 4th and short to see what the coach says. If it says punt, then I punt. Just kind of controls me wanting to go for it on 4th down when in real life a coach would just punt. That is the only time I use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Up until last year's version, I used it for every play. Last year, they took out the ability to adjust the packages though so I switched and used it only as an advisor...if they called an inside run, I'd pick an inside run play. As I mentioned in another thread, I created a call-sheet in Excel that referenced an Access database and gave me random plays for each type so I kind of made my own "Ask Coach" and used it as a guideline...of course with the option to switch out of the suggestion, too. Made me feel more like I was getting a suggestion from my OC/DC but still got to make the final call.

So far this year, I've been using Ask Coach to get a feel for the playbooks but haven't decided on my team yet. Once I do, I'll put the time in to set things up like I did last year. I think packages are just too much a part of the college game for me to not use them, I guess.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
Rookie

EL D1ABL05's Arena

OVR: 1

I like to call my own game on the offense and defense because for one its more fun and second it seems like the CPU picks to many of the same plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I use it on offense. I'll go with whatever play looks the best out of the 3, or sometimes I'll scroll down through a couple of pages before I find a play I like.

I call my own plays on defense, however. I don't like the logic behind the AI's playcalling on that side of the ball.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

I always scroll through the Ask Coach options, and will usually pick one suggested, with the playbook I use (Mississippi States, with a few formations removed, additional pistol and flexbone formations/plays) I am able to see a lot of variety in looks that I bring offensively.

If I'm focused I can really mix things up (if I'm lazy I wind up using the pass plays that don't take as much attention, or wind up targeting the guy going deep instead of waiting for route over the middle to open up or looking for my guy running the short route), even if I'm defaulting to the choices being given by Ask Coach, I love randomly speeding things up and throwing the defense off (especially since ask coach gives you different formations in the hurry-up as opposed to being limited to what your personal gives you).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 07-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #14
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

I use it all the time on offense but not defense. I will choose from the first 3 given and never pick 4 vertical unless it is a hail mary situation. This is why I really wish we were able to hire/fire OC/DC's because I am a defensive coach I trust the OC with ask the coach. If our offense isn't doing well after a year or two then I should be able to pick a new OC. But I guess I can always just change my offensive playbook.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I use it on offense to mix up my play calling. I went in and changed every single OC and HC's run/pass ratios to reflect that of last seasons, so when using Ask Coach it gives me something similar to what the real coach would have called. As Miami in my dynasty it calls run play after run play much like Golden did at Temple.

I don't use it on defense though because that is my favorite part of the game. I love calling my own plays on defense. Defense > Special Teams > Offense.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

never on offense
i use ask coach on defense early in a game till i get in a rhythm then i pick 'em

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »