Home

why are you people saying you can't run option

This is a discussion on why are you people saying you can't run option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: why are you people saying you can't run option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I really hate threads like this. It ends up being a big circle jerk of people saying "You have to make reads," and "It works exactly like real life," and "Stop being a cheeser."

Get real, people. It's obvious that some option plays in the game are screwed up. If you've never found this to be the case, then good for you. You either call all the ones that work, or you have the mystical perfect copy of the game that some guys claim to have every year. But if something in the game is screwed up for the CPU, then it stands to reason that to some degree it's screwed up for the user. After all, you can't make all the blocks yourself--you have to rely on the CPU to do part of the work even on your own team.
So its supposed to be perfect?? I dont get where u arecoming from. I am racking up 300 a game using read option on heisman. My qb gets around 75 a game and his speed is just 79. I guess you all just want perfection but you will never get it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

are they really saying they can't run the option or are they saying the CPU can't run the option?

I think most people would prefer if the CPU could run the option....that is the only gripe i have with it

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBobby23
Like quoted, I think alot of people are misinterpreting the implied context of the thread. Like myself, a lot of players play this game looking for the realest-to-life football experience as opposed to winning or having a "successful" dynasty.

As quoted above: "they don't play the drag".
Problem is, You're not applying football strategy to the game. Your just gaming the game. You're exploiting weaknesses in the programming to win. . That's not fun to me.

The issues DO exist. There are tons of videos. Putting up big numbers in a area of complaint does not prove that those complaints are invalid.

In their attempt to make the game balanced, EA has implemented a large number of "compensations" within the game.

For example, Guards have ridiculously high acc ratings, WR's have low juke/spin/elusiveness ratings, and QB's now have a restraint on their acceleration on most option plays...

And yes I get it. Without these compensations, guards would never be able to pull in time, WR's would be too difficult to tackle among the secondary, and people would keep cheesing defenses to death with the option and wildcat.

The problem is, each of these "compensations" takes away from the reality of the game.
For me, watching a QB like Denard Robinson not be able to sprint away from a DT made of molasses because of some "compensation" is a complete mood killer.
Recruiting a true dual threat QB and building a spread option dynasty around him in NCAA 11 was the most fun I had in a dynasty since Dynasty Mode was created. Not sure if there is such a thing as a true dual threat QB this year. Hope some of these issues get fixed. Issues aside, I'm really impressed with the game.
Dude reading coverages is football strategy. Read the end on read option is football. Crossing routes against man coverage is strategy. I start my reads pre snap. My qb had one game over 190 rush yards with 79 speed. If you make proper reads, and audible and get in tbe right play thats football strategy
Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #44
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
Can the CPU run the option?
Yes, but they don't run it often unless they're a pistol or option run team.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #45
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachlem
So its supposed to be perfect?? I dont get where u arecoming from. I am racking up 300 a game using read option on heisman. My qb gets around 75 a game and his speed is just 79. I guess you all just want perfection but you will never get it
I don't care if you personally rush for ten thousand yards a game on Heisman. Blocking is still screwed up on some option plays. That's all I'm saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
I don't care if you personally rush for ten thousand yards a game on Heisman. Blocking is still screwed up on some option plays. That's all I'm saying.
So the blocking is supposed to be right every time???
Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #47
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachlem
So the blocking is supposed to be right every time???
Please don't try to claim that plays where the blocking schemes are screwed up is realistic. It's not.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Please don't try to claim that plays where the blocking schemes are screwed up is realistic. It's not.

Dont try and claim where blocking correct every single play is realistic. Lol. Stop whining like a ***** and adjust your game to difficulties. We have the same game and it seems i am getting better execution so its not the games. Its u

Last edited by CMH; 07-22-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: edited word

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »