Home

EA should consider pushing up the game 1 month

This is a discussion on EA should consider pushing up the game 1 month within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA should consider pushing up the game 1 month

I've been a vet of this game for some years and it's become very apparent to me- and likely others- that this series needs to ship a little later. They're rushing this game out the door and letting a lot of bugs get thru. Some solutions I would suggest for EA to better handle NCAA 13:
  • Allow more users the chance to play test
  • Push the game back a few weeks to give them extra time to test
  • Give themselves the chance to fix old issues by not working on gimmick stuff to enhance the game as a "new package"
Any other ideas out there you think could help EA do a better job releasing a less bug free experience at launch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: EA should consider pushing up the game 1 month

That only works for one year. If they were to do it one year, they'd have a year and a month. The next year, it's back to the one year plan.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka
I've been a vet of this game for some years and it's become very apparent to me- and likely others- that this series needs to ship a little later. They're rushing this game out the door and letting a lot of bugs get thru. Some solutions I would suggest for EA to better handle NCAA 13:
  • Allow more users the chance to play test
  • Push the game back a few weeks to give them extra time to test
  • Give themselves the chance to fix old issues by not working on gimmick stuff to enhance the game as a "new package"
Any other ideas out there you think could help EA do a better job releasing a less bug free experience at launch?
Wasn't aware EA tested their games... hmmmm

Threw a little wrench in there with that one... I'll get back to ya
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
So they need to shorten their cycle or just have a more thorough QA process?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Wouldn't just buying the game a month late have the same effect? I'll admit I'm just too impatient, but were I to buy the game, say, the Friday before the season starts instead of release day, I'd most likely have two patches, a handful of tuner updates, not to mention dope rosters, all on the same day I bought the game instead of this nonsense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Banned

boilermakernet08's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka
Yes. EA should extensively test their games BEFORE they hit the market so that the consumer doesn't end up being the beta tester.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Rookie

EA has no interest in putting out a better game. Plus, they don't want it hitting the shelves to close to Madden. Let's say that EA did a superb job testing the game and improved all of the stuff people have been complaining about for years. If that happened, 2012 would be a huge improvement...but what about 2013? It would just be a roster update for a great game that we already have. EA's interest is best served by making small changes every year. The only thing that would create an incentive for big improvements would be competition. This is our only option for a college football game..we buy it every year...why should they bother?
Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Banned

EA won't do that because then it would be released too close to Madden. EA knows that there are a good number of people that buy NCAA and then return it when Madden comes out. If they push it back those consumers simply would just wait for Madden.

Also, I think in this day of online and having the ability to patch certain defects, EA will use that as a reason why pushing the game back is not necessary. If anything, they'd probably be more likely to release the game a month earlier rather than later knowing that most issues/defects can be corrected later via a patch.

JMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »