Home

Passing Issues

This is a discussion on Passing Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Passing Issues

Is it me or it is harder than normal to pass the ball this year? I have tried to run a Spread Offensive with 4 and 5 wide sets, but end up throwing 5 picks a game. I have analized hundreds of replays and I usually make the right reads (zone vs. man) but it seems like the zones are incredibily unreal. I find it most difficult to throw over the middle, inside post's are useless.

I consider myself an average player, I take my game online from time to time. I always play dynasty mode in All American, but just wondering if anyone else is having these same issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Passing Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2pitt
Is it me or it is harder than normal to pass the ball this year? I have tried to run a Spread Offensive with 4 and 5 wide sets, but end up throwing 5 picks a game. I have analized hundreds of replays and I usually make the right reads (zone vs. man) but it seems like the zones are incredibily unreal. I find it most difficult to throw over the middle, inside post's are useless.

I consider myself an average player, I take my game online from time to time. I always play dynasty mode in All American, but just wondering if anyone else is having these same issues.
I have been playing NCAA for 6 years, and to be honest this is the first time I have had to turn up User QB accuracy. But it helped, I still have a below average completion rating, but at least I don't throw 6 picks a game anymore with a 99 rated QB LOL! I also think some of it has to do with WR catching abilities.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
I have been playing NCAA for 6 years, and to be honest this is the first time I have had to turn up User QB accuracy. But it helped, I still have a below average completion rating, but at least I don't throw 6 picks a game anymore with a 99 rated QB LOL! I also think some of it has to do with WR catching abilities.
Your QB is 99?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If you really are making the right reads like you say, then I am willing to bet you're throwing the ball too late.

Don't wait for the WR to be open then throw it. You have to throw it so the ball gets to him once he is open, if that makes sense.

Watch this video, notice how I throw it right before, or during Benjamin's cut. I don't wait until he is open because then it is generally too late. You have to anticipate they will get open with their cut.

Same thing for outs, curls, posts, etc. The ball needs to meet the WR when he whips his head around, any later and it may have been a good read at the point of release, but after the ball travels there the defender has time to turn it into a bad read.

Not a great example because he was basically wide open, but watch how as soon as he whips his head around the ball is already over halfway to him. Against man I usually throw it like that if not a tad quicker.

― Plato
Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

The zones have gotten more realistic which is a good thing.
You are probably used to the zones being useless which makes you make the wrong read.
The only thing harder about the passing for me is when i run slant routes. this is a super quick route and right after my guy catches it he gets hit after like 2 yards and drops the ball.
In previous versions he would catch it most of the time.
Now it seems like only elite recievers can go over the middle and catch the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

On slants I watch the outside linebacker as soon as I hike it. If I see zone, then I look to the flat route being run by the TE and if he is open, then I pass it to him. If I see Cover 2 and the CB is playing the flats, then I look back at my WR's, if I still have time in the pocket, and either wait to see if they have any chance of possibly getting open still and if not I either scramble or throw it away.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »