Home

Texas State in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on Texas State in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Texas State in NCAA 13

UT Arlington does not play football; they join the WAC for all other sports and the Southland ain't happy to be loosing a charter member. They shut the program down in '85 and have not considered reviving it beyond mentioning it. The WAC might be a reason for them to consider it more.

Lamar killed their program in '89 and just started playing again. They aren't leaving the Southland any time soon.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Rookie

jcrusick's Arena

OVR: 22

As it stands right now, the WAC will have 8 fooball teams for the 2012-13 season - Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Hawaii, Idaho, Utah State, UT-San Antonio, and Texas State.

jcrusick's Custom Covers Album
Check out my covers here!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrusick
As it stands right now, the WAC will have 7 fooball teams for the 2012-13 season - Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Hawaii, Idaho, Utah State, UT-San Antonio, and Texas State.
Hawaii is going to the Mountain West with Fresno and Nevada.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5907111
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
As it stands right now, the WAC will have 8 fooball teams for the 2012-13 season - Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Hawaii, Idaho, Utah State, UT-San Antonio, and Texas State.
Isn't Hawaii leaving to go to the MWC?
Old 07-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #21
Rookie

jcrusick's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Hawaii is going to the Mountain West with Fresno and Nevada.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5907111
Sorry, I stand corrected... lol.

jcrusick's Custom Covers Album
Check out my covers here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Sorry, I stand corrected... lol.
It's understandable. They aren't joining in all sports. I don't know why they subject themselves to such torture. Mountain West is worse travel wise. Big West is not too bad for basketball and such.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #23
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

For those of you who have to have the 4 new teams in 2012, what I did was replace the military schools and Rice with TB teams for South Alabama, UMass, UTSA and Texas St. With the fact that the academies are ran by tax payer money and don't take bowl money (if I am not mistaken), I feel they shold go down to the FCS. Heck, they'd win championships there. Besides, in this economy a tax payer funded football team is one area that should be considered an excess. Stick Army and Navy in the Patriot League and Air Force in the Big Sky.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and follow the academies and would still follow, I just think the above scenario of them going FCS makes more sense in regards to economics and talent level.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

I sorry though but that's not happening. I know what you're talmking about but navy went 9-4 last year, Army was 7-6, and air force had like 9 or 10 wins. They are too good tgo move down. Why are you focusing on these schools?: You do realize all the state schools like LSU, Georgia, etc. are funded by the taxpayer?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »