Home

Receivers dropping passes after contact

This is a discussion on Receivers dropping passes after contact within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Receivers dropping passes after contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
set your catching to conservative. It helps alot.
Totally unhelpful in Road to Glory and still no excuse.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #10
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Noticed this too, good suggestions in here to work around it though
Old 07-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Don't lead your WR into a hit. The only slider I have not touched in my set is USER and CPU catching and I doubt I will. I am not seeing too many drops unless I lead a player into a big hit, which then they should more than likely drop it, but not always, and the game has reflected that nearly perfectly to me.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #12
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Like the guy above me said, most drops are due to contact, which is realistic. Guys with low catch ratings, wont hold onto a ball if they get hit.

As I said I would rather have 25 drops a game, than have somthing like last year, where no matter how hard you hit somebody they managed to hang on. If I am making bad reads, and have bad recievers then the stats should reflect that.

I do not know your recievers catch and catch in traffic rating but that is probably the root of your problem. He may be an impact player but he may be a spectacualr catch guy.

I'm not having that big of an issue. Maybe that is because WKU's QB couldn't hit a Nimitz Class Carrier if he was five yards away.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:47 AM   #13
Rookie

Strmtrp's Arena

OVR: 4

Oddly enough, I feel that I have the exact opposite problem. I'm a dc, so I haven't played much offense yet, but I feel like I blow up computer recievers all the time and the miraculously hold onto the ball.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #14
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Like the guy above me said, most drops are due to contact, which is realistic. Guys with low catch ratings, wont hold onto a ball if they get hit.

As I said I would rather have 25 drops a game, than have somthing like last year, where no matter how hard you hit somebody they managed to hang on. If I am making bad reads, and have bad recievers then the stats should reflect that.

I do not know your recievers catch and catch in traffic rating but that is probably the root of your problem. He may be an impact player but he may be a spectacualr catch guy.

I'm not having that big of an issue. Maybe that is because WKU's QB couldn't hit a Nimitz Class Carrier if he was five yards away.
but u see, the problem is that the DBS run the routes better than the wrs so there is always a hit right the ball touches the wrs hand. the only time this isnt the case is if ur wr gets open on a vertical route or if u get lucky and find some seperation on a slant or crossing route.

i was averaging 8 drops a game before i turned the user catch up. sometimes the wrs dont even try to catch the damn ball, it just hits them on the shoulder. thats not realistic at all.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

What about online? Are they gonna fix this? I don't play the computer. And if I do it's hardly ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #16
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I see this problem all the time, mostly on curl routes. I will throw a curl, my WR will just sit there rather than come back to the ball and the DB, who is just sitting right behind him will hit him and it will come loose. The problem isn't so much that the contact causes the drop, it is that the receivers are in a position to draw contact to begin with.

They should be coming back to the ball. That alone would stop a majority of the contact drops. But the game just isn't programmed that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »