Home

Receivers dropping passes after contact

This is a discussion on Receivers dropping passes after contact within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #33
Banned

Voldemort's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Receivers dropping passes after contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I found it to be pretty realistic. Maybe a tad bit too many drops, but definatly way better than any other year.

I would rather see 25 drops a game than 0 or 1.
WTF?

10char
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #34
Rookie

Antonio865's Arena

OVR: 1

I adjusted the user catch sliders to 75 im playing offline dynasty and it seems to be working better. However the problem still lies on the CPU defense. CB's are psychics in this game seriously they know every route and run toe to toe with WR's that you literally have to have good passing skills to try and thread passes away from CB's. What really sets me off is when I throw an INT on a slant pass because the CB cuts before my WR?????? How can a CB have the inside step on a WR? I know in real life sometimes CB's use instict and experience to cause INT's or pass knockdowns but thats not the case here. We need another a patch.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
While I agree with you on the general sentiment, a game that can only play fine with adjusted sliders is an incomplete game. And when a significant portion of the game is online play, where sliders cannot be edited, it makes the game experience considerably less enjoyable.

I have no doubt if I was a completely offline player that I would enjoy this game a ton, but as someone who plays almost exclusively online, it takes a bit of the fun out of it. So maybe granting people a little leeway to complain about something that clearly effects the game and can't be adjusted in online games is the right thing to do.

Ok but for a lot of people like me its not a problem. I even lowered human catch slider to 35 for even more drops because I wasn't getting enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Through 4 games with Miami in my Sliders Testing Online Dynasty my leading WR is Benjamin with 14 receptions and 1 drop. Then I have Lamar Miller and Laron Byrd with 7 catches each and 0 drops each. Then Aldarius Johnson has 5 catches and 1 drop. Maurice Hagens and Blake Ayles have 4 catches and 1 drop combined. And finally mt 4th string WR Tommy Streeter has 1 catch and 0 drops.

That is with my catch slider at 50 on Heisman. I know the game doesn't always count everything as a drop when the WR does drop it, but usually it does when it should.

So with no sliders adjusted I have 38 catches and 3 drops on 66 attempts with Jacory Harris at QB. Now with Wyoming I see probably 3-4 drops a game, but that's not bad considering the big difference in talent between them and my Miami WR's.

― Plato
Old 07-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #37
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

I've had some serious problems with this while playing as East Carolina, but that is to be expected and it adds some realism to the game.

- Chuck Noll
Old 07-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #38
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
My game is jekyl and hyde. My last game my receivers dropped everything, including after a hit, just letting it bounce off their helmets, and plain dropping a wide open pass without a defender around.

Definitely frustrating when it happens.

More frustrating is the CPU pass defense is always RIGHT on top of your WR after he catches a ball, leading to few and far between run-after-catch opportunities on anything except a deep ball
These two things are killing the game for me. I make a great read only to have the receiver drop the ball because the defenders are right on top of me. Run after the catch is big in college football. Speedy slots are useless in this game.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 6

I don't think this is a problem. I get realistic QB completion % and my recorded drops are in the 2-4 per game range (which is realistic). I also have the correct number of plays per game. I actually turned WR catch down to 40 to get a realistic number of drops. So everyone is aware a drop pass is defined as dropping the ball when there is no defensive pressure. Otherwise it is just an incompletion. On many plays the defender will get a hand in on replay when it seems to be a drop from contact. On others the ball is jarred free. Since I still have a realistic QB completion % I don't really see a problem with it.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I had 4 receiver drops last game - that's pretty accurate considering I play 10 mins qtrs.

But what has to be considered is the real life football game that is 15 minutes quarters, so maybe the receiver drops dwindle a bit on that setting? Could be EA's mentality - or could just be a coincidence - who knows.

I think we are looking a bit too much into it. Remember it also depends what type of speeds the ball is being thrown at. I'm most successful with little loopers, or floated balls. It's the bombs and the bullets that are hard to catch - that would make sense wouldn't it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »