Home

CPU Cut Blocks!!!! WTH???

This is a discussion on CPU Cut Blocks!!!! WTH??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU Cut Blocks!!!! WTH???

What do ya'll do when the CPU cut blocks its freakin crazy! I'm trying to be a OLB in Road to Glory but, as soon as I beat the Tackle the damn RB comes out of know where and cuts me. It happens almost every time I blitz. They won't let me jump over him. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: CPU Cut Blocks!!!! WTH???

I've been playing OLB too and there pretty much nothing you can do. Ist funny though b/c every time I play RTG on defense it seems like it always harder to play in HS than in College. It's like they are purposely not running plays to my side or my teammate will hurry and make a tackle when they do run the play my way. But when you get to College the ball is well distributed.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

Ok thanks man. I was about to do what everyone else does and be a QB & FS. Your right in the high school players play like all stars and they never run my way. I got so frustrated i threw my controller.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Try playing as a safety. WRs cut you down the field. THIS IS ILLEGAL EA!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4

I found playing linebacker is the hardest position to play and the cut block's are just too much......i mean as many as my linebacker take's his knee's are gonna give out before he hit's the nfl, i started as olb and it seemed impossible to get tackle's or sack's then i made an mlb and it's a little better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

MLB is the way to go! I've found a way to deal somewhat with cut blocks, in that if you charge through the line and a back is in your way, either push down on the right stick to push yourself over them or triangle (PS3) to hurdle them. My MLB beasted in his HS season and could choose any college scholarship. I took USC and learned to watch out for the cut blocks, though they still hit me occasionally and when they do I notice it's because I missed the back and wasn't paying attention. My MLB leads in total tackles, assisted tackles, TFLs, has 7 sacks and 3 FFs and I'm 10 games into my Freshman year. Not too bad
Old 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Try playing as a safety. WRs cut you down the field. THIS IS ILLEGAL EA!!!!!!!!
No it's not.. learn the rules.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeischl
No it's not.. learn the rules.
I know when I played high school ball you could not cut outside of the tackle box. Obviously in college it is not illegal, but I believe he is saying that it is illegal in HS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »