Home

Dynasty Mode Bowl Selection Adjustments?

This is a discussion on Dynasty Mode Bowl Selection Adjustments? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dynasty Mode Bowl Selection Adjustments?

Hi, I've reached the end of my first dynasty season and I am not pleased to see an undeserving non-bcs school lined up to play for the National Championship. I'm searching for a custom user-selected bowl schedule in dynasty mode so I can put the non-bcs team in the Las Vegas Bowl where they belong. I'm trying to insert 11-1 Stanford in the national championship game in place of the boise state donks.

P.S. My team, the (8-4) Oregon State Beavers are set to face Okie State in the Holiday bowl, and I was surprised to see the springfield ducks only manage a 5-7 record in the simmed part of my dynasty mode.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Dynasty Mode Bowl Selection Adjustments?

You can't. The only adjustment to bowls can be made in the initial preseason and in the off season there after, and even then it is just the automatic qualifiers for the BCS bowls. If a non AQ school finishes 1 or 2 in the BCS they will play for the national title regardless of your set up. The BCS is designed to play the top 2 BCS ranked schools irrespective of their conference affiliation or prestige rank.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

You are out of luck. It's a video game. If it bothers you that much that they are there, play in the game and make sure they lose. It's petty, but if it'll make you happy.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

K thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'm S.O.L. this season but thats fine. I'll just be sure to play a game as NM State next season or some other typical scrub from their schedule in order to properly shame the donks.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
You are out of luck. It's a video game. If it bothers you that much that they are there, play in the game and make sure they lose. It's petty, but if it'll make you happy.

ya its a video game....god for bid we have an option to do what we want. Would it really be that hard to program something like that in...no. How bout lets no program the god dam pregame birds and horses in and take time making the game little more customizablable. Im pretty sure people would love to have more options than to look at birds and horses once or twice and then skipping them the rest of the time they have the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfb
ya its a video game....god for bid we have an option to do what we want. Would it really be that hard to program something like that in...no. How bout lets no program the god dam pregame birds and horses in and take time making the game little more customizablable. Im pretty sure people would love to have more options than to look at birds and horses once or twice and then skipping them the rest of the time they have the game.
Ok, what you want makes no sense. Are you saying if TCU had made the title game last year, you would want the BCS would step in and say "No, you will not be playing in this game despite being being top 2 in the nation." I can understand editing all bowl tie-ins like I want or something like that, but to outright say "I don't want this team here, let me move to the Vegas Bowl." No, not gonna happen. sorry bubba.

And as a programmer myself, nothing is ever as easy as many of you make it out to be. "I want this. It's easy. Go do it." No... it's not
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Just go take control of Boise State and prevent them from adding players to their recruiting board and offering scholarships. 3-4 seasons of that will wipe them from the face of competitiveness forever.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
Just go take control of Boise State and prevent them from adding players to their recruiting board and offering scholarships. 3-4 seasons of that will wipe them from the face of competitiveness forever.
Or replace them with a cupcake TB team and you will never hear from them again if they bother you that much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »