Home

1st to 2nd half differences?

This is a discussion on 1st to 2nd half differences? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
1st to 2nd half differences?

I have been tweaking sliders post patch and have gotten them where I want them but it seems to me the game does not play consistently from even the 1st half to the 2nd half of games.

For example in the 1st half of a game I could not run the ball for anything but as soon as the 2nd half started holes opened and my sliders allowed me 5 ypc, 1st half was about 1.7 ypc.

As for the cpu team, the OU qb was 0-5 in first half but with about a minute left in the first half he reeled off about 5 in a row for get them up field for points. Then in the 2nd half he was about 60%.

Just seems to me not only are games inconsistent game to game but half to half. Game to game I am used to because you can play an A overall team and win by 12 but then the next game play a B- and it be alot tougher. But half to half? I have only ever seen that in the 4th qtr where the cpu goes all joe montana on you cuz it wants too.

I guess maybe EA builds in the inconsistency cuz anything can happen in football and teams get on streaks ( i.e. Appalachian St. vs Michigan. ) I just thought it would be more consistent because this is a game using numbers and not real life.

It just makes me wonder what exactly is it that is built into the game to make consistent sliders and game play suddenly go bonkers?
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 07-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1st to 2nd half differences?

I just played a game as ND against Mich St and went into halftime with a 28-6 lead. They fought back in the 3rd to make it 28-19, but then they collapsed in the 4th quarter making mistake after mistake and put me in great positions to add another 20 points.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

It's a thing called fatigue. In real sports you see the defense letting up and teams more capable of running more in the second half. It's just players getting tired.

I haven't seen the game go perfect on me and beat up on me late for anything other than deviating from my strategies. Like I said, it could be an issue with fatigue and your corners are losing a step on receivers. What difficulty is it on? (If I missed it mybad). I play AA and don't feel like the QB or other squad is suddenly automatic. I've seen them make smarter play calls (noticing I leave the zone a lot on play actions then calling a short PA slant to where my zone was is one I've seen a few times). But I only feel cheated on rare occasions. (Mainly on blitzes where the defense comes through untouched, or when I get called for 4 or 5 holding and clipping penalties and the other team gets 0 penalties.)
Old 07-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I play on AA and I have not seen them go crazy life they used to especially on ps2 when in the 4th as soon as a play happened I was like here we go again and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it.

I have not seen anything like that thank god but just seems like from one half to another it plays different some games. But I would rather have that than robo QB any day.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 07-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Playing as Baylor against TCU at home last night. At half I was up 14-0. Pretty solid game but nothing amazing. In the second half TCU came out fired up. Played a lot better or I should say more like I expected. I ended up losing but had my shots in the 4th.

Personally I like it this way. Teams are different half to half. Its like they make adjustments. I can't tell you how many times the Longhorns would start a game flat and explode in the second half in real life. I think its realistic.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
Personally I like it this way. Teams are different half to half. Its like they make adjustments. I can't tell you how many times the Longhorns would start a game flat and explode in the second half in real life. I think its realistic.
From anything i've ever known about college football, they always say the second half is where a teams depth and overall talent shine through. Watch some of the early season matchups this year, usually a worse team will run with a good team until the 3rd quarter when the better team starts hitting a rhythm and pulls away. This has been dead on for this generation, somebody else mentioned ps2 days where the team would catch up just for the sake of catching up, and i haven't noticed that BS as much for the last 5 years of games.

Last edited by aarontab; 07-22-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: quote messed up
Old 07-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Oh the ps2 days with NCAA FOOTBALL

Old 07-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

^^^^^^
That guy needs anger management.

But the only difference I have noticed is that at the bottom of the screen... It says "3rd" and "4th" instead of it previously saying "1st" and "2nd"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »