Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #33
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus34
Yep, if you recruit a "Run Stopper" OLB, He's going to come in as "Balanced"

A "Scrambler" QB is going to come in as "Pocket Passer" ect.
You mentioned this in another thread, i didn't think this was the case from everything i read in the main roster glitch thread. If this is not the case, or if you're not 100% sure, please don't overstate what the glitch entails. It robs other people of making their own decisions based on factual statements. Fear-mongering isn't part of the solution.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #34
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That was not my understanding. Maybe I misread though.
That roster glitch thread is 80 pages almost now. (may have pasted that while typing this) I could see where it would be confusing on the issues.

But yes it does mess up your recruites. I have seen this myself in my 3rd year of dynasty as a DC. I recruited specific player types and they are now different on my roster.

Example now that Michigan runs a Pro set offense I recruited a 4 star Balanced my first year of Dynasty. I didnt really pay attention to what his tendancy was until year three because after I recruited him and he signed and the end of year one I redshirted him for year 2 and I still had Denard Robinson as a SR. In year 2 I saw this 5 star QB that was scrambling and I thought hmm doesn't really fit my pro style offense but he was 51% interested in going to Michigan the first week of recruiting so I said well let me recruit him anyway he could be awesome. I got him on my team as well.

So now in year 3 that 4 star balanced when I look on my roster says he is a Scrambler :P , incoming freshman 5 star scrambler I got with 86 speed and agility, 88 acceleration, says he is balanced.

Also when player progression comes up for these players it will be out of whack. Because the game progresses players based on player types, a power back is going to get more boost in stats that affect a power back and so on. So lets say you get a speed back you recruit. But then once he is on your team his tendancies change to power back. Now he started out with speed back attributes but as he progresses he is going to get power back stuff and overall he is going to end up screwed up on progression and end up a crapy RB because he started out as one and got boosted to something else :P

So even though this seems like a minor bug to some this is really rather major and will break the game in many ways!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #35
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
You mentioned this in another thread, i didn't think this was the case from everything i read in the main roster glitch thread. If this is not the case, or if you're not 100% sure, please don't overstate what the glitch entails. It robs other people of making their own decisions based on factual statements. Fear-mongering isn't part of the solution.
Its there I just verified it by loading my dynasty that is in year 3 and checking some of the recruits I know were a specifiy tedancy because I worked so hard to recruit them and now they are for sure different. I did not edit these either at all either I'm 100% sure of that.

It doesn't seem to be everyone though, I know I got blocking FB's that are still blocking FB's, but I had a 5 star HB I recruited heavily my first year that was balanced and now he is speed. I have some WR's that were balanced and are now speed. Some stayed the same, it doesn't seem to be as bad as when you edit them but it still happens. Annoying for sure.

Last edited by SGMRock; 07-22-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't know how anyone aware of the roster glitch or experiencing freezing can be happy with this game.

As long as we don't have a patch, my feelings won't change.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
That roster glitch thread is 80 pages almost now. (may have pasted that while typing this) I could see where it would be confusing on the issues.

But yes it does mess up your recruites. I have seen this myself in my 3rd year of dynasty as a DC. I recruited specific player types and they are now different on my roster.

Example now that Michigan runs a Pro set offense I recruited a 4 star Balanced my first year of Dynasty. I didnt really pay attention to what his tendancy was until year three because after I recruited him and he signed and the end of year one I redshirted him for year 2 and I still had Denard Robinson as a SR. In year 2 I saw this 5 star QB that was scrambling and I thought hmm doesn't really fit my pro style offense but he was 51% interested in going to Michigan the first week of recruiting so I said well let me recruit him anyway he could be awesome. I got him on my team as well.

So now in year 3 that 4 star balanced when I look on my roster says he is a Scrambler :P , incoming freshman 5 star scrambler I got with 86 speed and agility, 88 acceleration, says he is balanced.

Also when player progression comes up for these players it will be out of whack. Because the game progresses players based on player types, a power back is going to get more boost in stats that affect a power back and so on. So lets say you get a speed back you recruit. But then once he is on your team his tendancies change to power back. Now he started out with speed back attributes but as he progresses he is going to get power back stuff and overall he is going to end up screwed up on progression and end up a crapy RB because he started out as one and got boosted to something else :P

So even though this seems like a minor bug to some this is really rather major and will break the game in many ways!
I think the gamebreaker term gets thrown out there way to often.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
I don't know how anyone aware of the roster glitch or experiencing freezing can be happy with this game.

As long as we don't have a patch, my feelings won't change.
Not everyone is the same.

Thanks for letting us know.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

really i had no problems besides some things that a tuner could fix until this roster glitch came out. this is still the best college game on 360, despite all of the bugs. i hope they can get this fixed soon
Old 07-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
This IS the case - it's a really easy check. Simply recruit a player and see for yourself

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »