Home

Heisman Level is a J-O-K-E!

This is a discussion on Heisman Level is a J-O-K-E! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #25
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Heisman Level is a J-O-K-E!

Quote:
I don't see how you can be number 8 online and not be able to beat Kent State on Default Heisman.
I dont think I said I cant beat them? I didnt even finish the game. I KNOW I can beat them, Im just saying its not even fun to play. B.S. overweight's normalcy on a to consistent basis.

Quote:
What was the situation leading up to that?
Dude lol I ALMOST recorded the replay on my phone :/ didnt think I would be talking about it now lol but this what happened:

I was running shotgun. Either 1 back set or or 5 wide ( some 4 with a TE).

I have routes going all over the place. I usually keep most the routes and then after assessing the D I usually always hot route a 'safety ' route ( slant or drag). This instance I was on the right hash. 1 TE and 2WR to my right. 2 WR on the left. Far left receiver running a streak; slot on the left runs a slant in; TE runs a streak; slot on the right runs a slant in; Far right WR running a in (smart routed passed the 1st down). D looks like there set up in a base Nickle. The DE's rushed outwards so I stayed in the pocket. They where in some type of zone with a LB spy. I was waiting on my Slot right WR to clear across the field. At this point the LB is starting to come up light hes going to rush and a animation starts like hes getting picked up by my Guard. I didnt throw a bullet, but the LB goes from locking up into a sure loss for him to skying up in the air and catching the ball. I even pumped before I threw with no reaction what so ever. I watched the replay from every angle and from where he was at to the point of locking into a block he couldnt even see my QB. Stuff like that ^^ in a nutshell is why I made this post. Just totally REDIC (
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #26
Rookie

DuffHouse12's Arena

OVR: 9

i won about 15 straight game on un-adjusted Heisman recently. still probably have only lost about 6 times since the game came out.

you just have to be smart. you don't have to play nuts, just smart. Hot Route if you read blitz. send your big play WR deep when you see he has 1 on 1 press. make your throws count. read your blocks.

on defense you need to adjust during the game. know when/how to blitz, and who your stronger coverage players are. I was down 21-0 to Michigan and came back to win by Hot Routing my Dime backs to Spy on Robinson instead of using my LBs to Spy. make sure everyone is covered pre-snap.

while the zone defense is much stronger this year, man to man has got to be your go to. Cover 1 and 2 Man Under usually will keep you from giving up the big play. Zones like stock Cover 2/3/4 and Velcro will get crushed by the run. can't have it.

also punt the ball out of bounds. the importance of punting in this game is so under rated. if you pin the opponent inside the 20, your defense comes out fired up.
The Grateful Dead
Phish
Old 07-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #27
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

So for you guys that beat the game on Heisman all the time (or so you say) how is the game any fun at all?

Seriously. Don't you get bored?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

I thought this was going to say its too easy..which is the way i lean. Im rolling with Cal in an OD am 2-0 and have scored over 50 points in each game.

using a varied play style.

i would suggest usuing more zone blitzes and be your worst player on defense and user them (not someone whos rushing the QB)

run out of passing formations pass out of running formations.

thats how ive had the most success
Old 07-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
So for you guys that beat the game on Heisman all the time (or so you say) how is the game any fun at all?

Thats why I jacked my sliders up so the game won't be boring. I'm getting good games now against elite and good teams but I still blow out garbage teams with ease like I suppose to...
Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #30
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
really captain obvious!? Wow thanks for being "that guy". Thanks for the input though )

Im not saying I cant win. Im saying its joke and the unreal-ism isnt even football in my eyes. I may as well go play blitz or something lol

Ummm noooo, but its controversially the best O-line in the toughest Conference in the NCAA. I would say for the sake of THIS argument they will have more NFL ready players at the O-Line than Kent St's entire football team.

Wrong word.

I watch alot of college football and purchase the NFL Sunday ticket.
I watch PLENTY of football, dont you worry about that

Not gonna really argue with that. But in this match-up wouldnt you agree with me that I should have the ladder on that time frame? 3secs is TWICE as long as the time Im getting. Doesnt sound like much I know, but in this case its the difference of me making this post. If I was getting what I should/realistically I wouldnt have a complaint. GO 'Golden Flashs' SMH lol
You need a LADDER to help you to the heights of decent spelling and the correct choice of words. latter. latter. latter.

But I agree that Heisman is stupid. Why don't ea just release a 'real' difficulty, instead of making sim gamers wait for decent sliders sets to be released.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21

Online play and Online dynastys, also games versus friends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #32
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Quote:
Thats why I jacked my sliders up so the game won't be boring
You guys that beat the game on Heisman w/ jacked up sliders. Im not going to tell you to get out of your moms basement, or go get friends (XBL doesnt count). I guess you guys just got a gaming gift. You sir's should be doing EA's jobs. If they had people with your knowledge, life, and work ethic this game would be flawless!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »