Home

Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu

This is a discussion on Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #33
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Doesn't mean he doesn't use the technique elsewhere.
I play with defwen all the time. He is not a cheeser.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
So you go and call the guy a cheeser? Sounds like he's trying to remedy the problem.
Thank you! Were trying to work out the kinks for a very sim experience OD that will be starting up soon. I'm trying to eliminate cheese plays, by attempting to use them in a abusive way. Does that make sense to you naysayers?

Note: Upping the speed threshold from 37 to default (50) did seem to help some. The problem I see, if you take pass coverage up to high for the cpu, it makes other routes run by the human receiver extremely difficult to run, but the quick slants are an easy out.

Odogg, did you see the stats I put up in the Minny vs Iowa game in the test OD? That has to be alarming? I was able to do the same with 100 cpu coverage. Therefore I really believe we have to have a 50 threshold. and lower human catching a bit, to allow some of those quick passes to get jard loose by linebackers.

I challenge anyone to try this against the cpu, rather than say it doesn't happen. I'm doing this with a below average QB against a solid defense. Run the quick slant over and over with a couple various versions of it. 3 out of 4 times. you will get a 10 to 12 yard gain. 1 out of 15 times it will be intercepted by a leaping linebacker, or you may get sacked if your wr gets jammed.

Oh, and please save the I smell a cheeser comments. I'm trying to debunk this type of gameplay. But, if its there players can and will be more apt to use it.

Note: an easy way to do this, is super simulate offense for the cpu, then go to short passes were you will see the play. Next, keep running recent play over and over. Please someone test in that manner and post your thoughts. Thank you for helping, as I am looking for a true sim experience.

Note: Players may not notice this as much, due to mixing in different offensive plays. Remember, I was running quick slants EVERY SINGLE PLAY!!! (FOR TESTING PURPOSES) 3 out of 4 was the norm for a completion and 1st down or more. Occasionally there was and incompletion or interception. But if someone wanted to, they could do this ALL game and be very successful. Give it a try, and see for yourself.

Last edited by defwen23; 07-24-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwen23
Thank you! Were trying to work out the kinks for a very sim experience OD that will be starting up soon. I'm trying to eliminate cheese plays, by attempting to use them in a abusive way. Does that make sense to you naysayers?

Note: Upping the speed threshold from 37 to default (50) did seem to help some. The problem I see, if you take pass coverage up to high for the cpu, it makes other routes run by the human receiver extremely difficult to run, but the quick slants are an easy out.

Odogg, did you see the stats I put up in the Minny vs Iowa game in the test OD? That has to be alarming? I was able to do the same with 100 cpu coverage. Therefore I really believe we have to have a 50 threshold. and lower human catching a bit, to allow some of those quick passes to get jard loose by linebackers.

I challenge anyone to try this against the cpu, rather than say it doesn't happen. I'm doing this with a below average QB against a solid defense. Run the quick slant over and over with a couple various versions of it. 3 out of 4 times. you will get a 10 to 12 yard gain. 1 out of 15 times it will be intercepted by a leaping linebacker, or you may get sacked if your wr gets jammed.

Oh, and please save the I smell a cheeser comments. I'm trying to debunk this type of gameplay. But, if its there players can and will be more apt to use it.

Note: an easy way to do this, is super simulate offense for the cpu, then go to short passes were you will see the play. Next, keep running recent play over and over. Please someone test in that manner and post your thoughts. Thank you for helping, as I am looking for a true sim experience.

Note: Players may not notice this as much, due to mixing in different offensive plays. Remember, I was running quick slants EVERY SINGLE PLAY!!! (FOR TESTING PURPOSES) 3 out of 4 was the norm for a completion and 1st down or more. Occasionally there was and incompletion or interception. But if someone wanted to, they could do this ALL game and be very successful. Give it a try, and see for yourself.
Didn't you also say though you got picked off 5 times doing slants a ton when you were testing? I really don't want to mess with human catching slider because lowering it will mean too many drops when anyone nearby even breathes on you. We've spent a long time getting our sliders right and I'm hesitant to go moving them all around again.

I can try moving the threshold up some and ask guys to test slants but I'm simply not seeing slants as money by any means. If anything I don't think they work well enough on our settings. After I talked with you the other night I ran 10 to 12 slants in a row and I think I only completed 3 or 4, got 1 intercepted and the rest fell incomplete.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #36
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwen23
This wasn't used to cheese. If you read my original post, it is for testing purposes. The fact that I can put up record breaking numbers with cpu pass coverage turned all the way up is alarming. The fact that the option is there if someone wanted to abuse it, is what I'm getting at.

Try it out. Run the quick slant over and over, and watch as the cpu never adjusts to the cheesing style of play. They will however get an occasional knockdown by a leaping linebacker. So, in theory leaping linebackers are a good thing. If not for super lb, Marques Gray could just about pitch a perfect game. note: adjusted cpu coverage to 100. Same results
what kind of quick slant? what formation?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip3525
I think the bigger issue is he's not using heisman for the skill level.
Crank it up to that first.
The lower the setting the slower the computer responds.
Didn't know people actually played it still on lower settings?
We are not using Heisman, our league uses AA, we are playing with what the developers themselves have said the game is designed to be played on adjusted to give the CPU help where it needs it (rushing game) and take away where it doesn't (passing game). I have found heisman to be completely unrealistic and full of artificial boosts. That may work great for people who are looking for the greatest challenge but we are looking for realism as well.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
what kind of quick slant? what formation?
Ace Pistol, Ace big, Ace big twins. Just drop back under center and have a field day throwing to the x and b receiver all day. Be careful though, as you may occasionally have a leaping linebacker break one up, or take a sack if your wr gets jammed. But, if you choose to go no huddle and keep running it you will shatter all ncaa records of receiving yards and passing yards in a single game. This is just awful. Currently playing with All american and cpu pass coverage at 100! Once again to the cheese hunters, this is for TESTING PURPOSES!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

I best thing to fix this in my opinion is playing the game on Heisman. With my experiences with NCAA 12, Heisman offers the most realistic and challenging difficulty and it makes All-American become nearly unplayable. This has been my experience with all EA football titles (except for Madden 11 which had to be adjusted with sliders).
Old 07-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich7sena
I best thing to fix this in my opinion is playing the game on Heisman. With my experiences with NCAA 12, Heisman offers the most realistic and challenging difficulty and it makes All-American become nearly unplayable. This has been my experience with all EA football titles (except for Madden 11 which had to be adjusted with sliders).
I'm going to give it a try, but 1st I'm going to try putting speed threshold at 75 or 100. The linebackers are just too many steps behind as of now. Oh, and I'm playing right now with Minnesota against VT. Minny is not exactly an offensive juggernaut. Stats at half 345 passing yards x) receiver 185 yds b) reciever 133 Those are the only two I have thrown it to except once, when I hit a TE to avoid a sack.

Last edited by defwen23; 07-24-2011 at 05:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »