Home

Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

This is a discussion on Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #17
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

Here is what I have been running for sliders to have fun games. Stats and scores work out pretty realistically for me.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-impaired.html
Old 07-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Practice mode is not the same as a real game...ive tested it...u can practice a few things but in the real game the AI picks a D that matches ur every play. Audible is ur friend...
Old 07-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Practice mode is not the same as a real game...ive tested it...u can practice a few things but in the real game the AI picks a D that matches ur every play. Audible is ur friend...
I'm a terrible passer but I'm doing a little better than last year. Maybe all this talk of "better DBs" has got me paying closer attention and playing smarter but I complete over 50% of my passes and throw more TDs than picks. Which for me is success.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #20
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
ten characters
Old 07-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
I dont know whether it's the super human linebacker jumps, or the super human speed on zone coverage, or the psychic DB's or whatever it is but it's just not fun to throw. Running game feels about right but passing just blows. I'm so gun shy throwing because I know even if I guy is open (which is rare) some crazy thing is going to happen resulting in a pick. I also think the throwing animation takes a bit too long resulting in more sacks than should be.

Agreed, thew 4 picks with Garcia (South Carolina) against ECU, and each of those picks were when I thought a guy was actually open. I still won the game, barely. On AA with SN's sliders. One pick the guy immaculately sprung 5 extra feet out of no where to stride and get the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
The pass trajectory, the overthrows, the longwinded throwing motion, the WR drops, 4man rush gets to you in 3 seconds and blitzes even faster, and if the free O Lineman on a 4 man rush misses picking up the DT that comes free one more tim I will scream!!!!!! The coverage breaks on the ball when you press the button and not when the ball is in the air is a problem. I wish we could tune certain stats that recruits come in with. I would turn down play recognition. Some plays never work because of it. Make the game play the way it's meant to not putting in BS to make it hard.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 07-24-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The things I agree with are the psychic defensive players and the long throwing animation mixed with 'improved' pass rush makes it difficult, but it also feels a hell of a lot better to break 300/400 yards when your being given the challenge. I just wish EA knew how to make a game difficult without making it cheat.

It's difficult, not impossible. Lead passing and knowing when to bullet and lob goes a long way.
Yeah, but the thing with physic DBs is they are no-existent for human players. Even with human coverage at 100, and CPU QBA, PBLK, and WRCT at 0, my mid-80's CBs are CONSTANTLY being blown by slower, mid-70's UAB WRs for about 400yards per game, no matter what sliders I use. Makes it so I have to play cover 2 every time, and cant blitz ANYONE!

Can someone help? I think it's my sliders, They drastically need adjustments!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

They passing game is as fun as it has ever been IMO. People are just to used to passing for 500 yards on heisman level in past NCAA's and just are not used to the challenge.

Only thing that I don't like is how DT's get way more sacks than DE's. It should be the DE breaking through

And to end on a good note I love what EA did with the throwing time. Now noobs and the CPU can't just hit a button right before a sack and the ball just hits the terf. Avoiding the sack

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »