Home

Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

This is a discussion on Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #33
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

Last year my friends and I had to put CPU pass coverage at 85 and QB accuracy at 10 on our All-American sliders just to make it difficult to pass. I for one love the fact I don't have to crank my sliders just to make the game challenging anymore in the passing department.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #34
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

User QB takes a long time to throw, and that'd be okay, BUT...

the CPU QB still does absurd throws while being hit for an incompletion instead of a sack.

The CPU defensive backs aggressively make plays, which would be okay, BUT

User DBs still wait and let the ball fall down to them at waist-level for INTs, allowing CPU WRs to catch the ball and go.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #35
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
I dont know whether it's the super human linebacker jumps, or the super human speed on zone coverage, or the psychic DB's or whatever it is but it's just not fun to throw. Running game feels about right but passing just blows. I'm so gun shy throwing because I know even if I guy is open (which is rare) some crazy thing is going to happen resulting in a pick. I also think the throwing animation takes a bit too long resulting in more sacks than should be.
I totally agree with you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

LOL @ throwing it before they're open. Try that vs the psychic DBs. INT for six

ANd the DLine are all world class sprinters
Old 07-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #37
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

My beef is every once and a while, with a good QB mind you, I'll throw to a wide, wide, wide open WR and I'll literally throw it the other way straight to a defender. I mean the ball will go 7 yards away from where I was supposed to be throwing. My feet will be set, I wont be getting hurried or anything. Its just weird and makes me think that AA is just doing this to make it 'harder'.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you look closer, the run game isn't much better.

The core problem with the running game, imo, is that the defense knows whether you called a pass or run play before the snap.

The defense will put more pressure on the run when it knows you're running and vice versa. It's incredibly unrealistic and lazy programming.

Until EA develops a defensive system that realistically reads and reacts to the play (but doesn't KNOW the play you called), there will always be issues running the ball.

Try this test. Pass the ball 10 play in a row. Then, out of nowhere, run a HB gut. Notice how the defense is lined up to stuff the run? How did they know you're running the ball? If you audible to a pass, from the run, watch how the defense adjusts to a zone.

Also, options are broken. Only pro offenses work in NCAA. How realistic is that?
Old 07-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #39
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
If you look closer, the run game isn't much better.

The core problem with the running game, imo, is that the defense knows whether you called a pass or run play before the snap.

The defense will put more pressure on the run when it knows you're running and vice versa. It's incredibly unrealistic and lazy programming.

Until EA develops a defensive system that realistically reads and reacts to the play (but doesn't KNOW the play you called), there will always be issues running the ball.

Try this test. Pass the ball 10 play in a row. Then, out of nowhere, run a HB gut. Notice how the defense is lined up to stuff the run? How did they know you're running the ball? If you audible to a pass, from the run, watch how the defense adjusts to a zone.

Also, options are broken. Only pro offenses work in NCAA. How realistic is that?
This is why I always call plays that allow me to quick audible out of (they usually never change, or if they do, I switch several times). If I want to run, I'll pick a pass play, then switch it to run. I get lots of success with this and draws out of the spread are money on AA, even against good Ds. Got 270 yards against a #3 (A+ O and D) Michigan team in my 7th year of my Bear-cats Dynasty.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

another annoyance is when you call a comeback route and it seems to take too long and you throw it and it turns into a fly pattern.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »