Home

Roughing the Passer

This is a discussion on Roughing the Passer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Roughing the Passer

at 55 I get 6 or 7 a game playing 9 minute quarters. Defensive line not even set to aggressive. Now I don't mind it when it is an ACTUAL late hit, but most of the time when I look at the replays, the QB be taking dives.

My defender don't even touch him and he goes down. QBs in this game deserve an Oscar for their acting skills. What is even more funny is when I actually do blatantly hit him late, it doesn't get called half of the time.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Its weird. If I set it to 55 I see 4 or more a game then I lower it to 54 and I don't see any.. So you basically have to choose if you want to see a bunch of roughing the passer penalities or none..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 07-24-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Last year the CPU would cream your quarterback with late hits after every throw and you'd never got the penalty called. This year they don't do that all the time, but when they DO they usually get called for it. I have my slider up to 90 and get maybe 1 or 2 a game. I watch the replays and every one has been a legit call. The QB got hit late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

How in the world you have it on 90 and get 1 or 2 a game, when people who have it on 55 get a half a dozen called a game ? That is weird.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea, I get about 4 or 5 game, but they're mainly in my favor. My sliders are too high...
Old 07-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
How in the world you have it on 90 and get 1 or 2 a game, when people who have it on 55 get a half a dozen called a game ? That is weird.
That's a good question. Last year it NEVER got called, even with it cranked up, so I left it high. I noticed the CPU doesn't cream your quarterback after every throw like he did last year, he actually pulls up, but sometimes he does and when he does he gets called (and so does my team). I've watched the replay on every roughing call and every time it looked like a legit call (i.e. the defender knocked down the QB well after his throw when he could have stopped). If I notice it gets out of hand I will lower it for sure. It's very possible I just don't pass nearly as much as some guys.

Question... When you guys see these 4 or 5 a game do they look legit or is the CPU ref calling ticky tack stuff?
Old 07-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

I've gotten none ever at 50.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »