Home

Did a new patch ruin this game?

This is a discussion on Did a new patch ruin this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did a new patch ruin this game?

Ok I am new to this game and for ncaa 12 I am a confused dumb lost noob..so please forgive me. But I have seen a few threads saying something like a patch ruined the game?

Should I not get online with my ps3 to avoid downloading it?

Or was it that people think the game just needs a patch...those threads were confusing to me sorry,, please advise. I just don't want to download some update that ruins this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Did a new patch ruin this game?

no it didnt the patch however makes passing harder.....but ruined heck no
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13

The only patch currently available is the launch day patch. Seeing as how this patch was online from day 1 and people were prompted to download it the first time they booted up the game I don't see how anyone's impression of the game could be have been altered by this patch (unless of course they got the game early).

Currently with the launch patch installed there are a number of bugs and glitches that plague this game. Based upon articles posted here on OS by those who had the game early the launch patch did fix a number of things. The problem is people have experienced tons of newly discovered issues that require an additional patch.

So based off of everything I've read on this site and things I've experienced with the game first hand I'd say downloading the current patch won't ruin the game, there's just so much wrong with the game it's going to require 1 maybe 2 more patches to get it working correctly.

Yankees!! World Series Champs #27!!

Yankees~HEAT~Miami Hurricanes~Dolphins
Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

No it's been proven that the effects are mainly placebo. There are issues with jerseys getting dirty properly (mainly light jerseys) and the helmets aren't as glittery. But the game plays is similiar before and after the patch. It chugs a bit before the patch but there is less super LB's. Smoother post patch but the defense is much better due to Super LB's. Either way it's pick your own poison.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
No it's been proven that the effects are mainly placebo. There are issues with jerseys getting dirty properly (mainly light jerseys) and the helmets aren't as glittery. But the game plays is similiar before and after the patch. It chugs a bit before the patch but there is less super LB's. Smoother post patch but the defense is much better due to Super LB's. Either way it's pick your own poison.
i dont see the fix on super LB i get them every game multiple times, and even the defensive line are super
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
MVP

super lb and dl ....nope its the pass thats to low the player hardly come of the ground
Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

The only difference i've noticed is the accuracy slider doesn't do much even at 0. Before the patch the cpu and human would overthrow and underthrow quite a bit but now it hardly ever happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »